Women's Hormonal Health and Shedding Stubborn Weight with Naomi Judge
Release Date: 01/25/2016
Welcome! My guest today is Naomi Judge, who is a naturopath and clinical nutritionist. She is an expert in women’s hormonal health and weight loss from Sydney, Australia. Naomi specializes in helping women with elevated estrogen levels and thyroid disorders. She has helped thousands regain their vitality and shed unwanted weight with her program, Breakthrough. She works with clients on a one-on-one basis and offers detox and diet plans. Let’s jump right in with Naomi!
Naomi discusses the following about her work:
- Naomi has been seeing clients as a naturopath since 2007, when she began observing patterns in women’s weight issues.
- She decided that there must be more going on other than the less food/more exercise connection.
- The commonalities she noticed, and now focuses on with her clients, are hormones and food intolerance.
- Her Breakthrough program shoots down the old theory that eating less calories and exercising more will always yield weight loss.
- Naomi says focusing on the macronutrients in our diets is critical. She recommends finding the right balance of fats, proteins, and carbs in three meals/daily with minimal snacking.
- Naomi does a lot of food intolerance tests with her clients; the most common foods to remove are gluten, dairy, soy, and eggs.
- Naomi shares recommendations for women in balancing their ratio of fat, protein, and carbs. Half of your plate should be vegetables!
- Regarding exercise, Naomi says that most of us should STOP doing what we’re doing—because it’s NOT working!
- Naomi’s exercise recommendations focus on “yin” activities such as walking for enjoyment, yoga, pilates, stretching, and swimming. Strength training and cardio are added in sparingly.
- Listening to your body and being in tune with it are crucial. Too much intense exercise can be bad for your health!
- Hormone balance is a critical piece of women’s health, and estrogen or testosterone dominance can be determined by where your body collects weight.
- The key to thyroid health is diet and balancing blood sugar. Naomi recommends iodine, selenium, and zinc in our diets.
- The relationship between cortisol and weight gain is proven. It’s determined by how your body regulates blood sugar and deals with stress.
- Ridding the body of toxins is vital to optimum gut, liver, and kidney function. Naomi explains how her program is a gentle approach to detox and cleansing.
How to reach Naomi and more:
www.naomijudge.com (Her website has information about her Kickstart 3-day cleanse and meal plan and her Breakthrough programs and retreats. She has a new book coming out soon about women’s health!)
Find her on Facebook and Twitter as Naomi Judge.
Now it’s your turn!
WHAT changes have you made in your diet?
HOW have those changes affected your health?
WHAT has been your biggest challenge while implementing a healthy lifestyle?
WHO do you want to hear from?
Let me know in the comments below and I will try my best to get them on the show! I want to answer your burning questions and for YOU to add your thoughts to the conversation. So go ahead and leave a comment now.
And if you want even more resources to heal yourself naturally, make sure you sign up for my email updates, because I share some insights in my email updates that I don’t share anywhere else.
Thanks so much for stopping by and until next time, remember to eat consciously, because the world needs a healthy and vibrant you!
BECOME A FOOD AS MEDICINE VIP FOR FREE. ENTER YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND RECEIVE:
- My free gift, “The Clean Eating Rules.” It’s my #1 guide for how to eat to lose weight, improve your biometrics, and get more energy.
- Summary of Pearls shared on the show
- Occasional Love Letters from Dr. Anh, where I share my favorite recipes and products, upcoming events, new information I’ve learned, and other goodies ☺