Healthy Family Meal Planning with Elaine De Santos
Release Date: 02/09/2016
Welcome! My guest today is Elaine De Santos, who struggled with health issues with her family until they took the steps to get healthy together. She is committed to helping families make the changes to get healthy. Elaine created an online meal planning tool with delicious, chef-created recipes that take 30 minutes or less to prepare. The ingredients are easy to find and recipes can be adjusted according to serving sizes. Her website can help you create shopping lists, too. Check out the Resource section below for more information!
Elaine shares the following about her journey:
- Elaine’s family (husband and two young children) was full of health issues, including coughs, congestion, breathing issues, eczema, and migraines.
- Elaine’s wake-up call came one morning when intense pain prevented her from getting out of bed. The problem? Shingles! “There HAS to be a better way!”
- Elaine found a local MD who practiced integrative medicine and began listening to podcasts and radio shows for more information.
- Her husband’s migraines worsened to the point of having vision problems also; Elaine decided the family needed to learn to eat better.
- The first major change was to go Gluten-Free, even though Elaine didn’t join in until later. Her husband and children saw immediate improvement when gluten was eliminated.
- The family decided to stick with a Paleo-style diet, focusing on clean, lean meats and healthy vegetables and fats.
- Even though they did use some GF processed food substitutes in the beginning, as a “bridge” to this new system of eating, Elaine doesn’t recommend those GF products for the long term because of the added sugar.
- The family slowly transitioned to real, whole food and eliminated processed foods altogether.
- Elaine went on to become a certified transformational nutrition coach.
- Her top tips for improved nutrition?
- Have a PLAN that you can trust.
- Eat seasonally and local, wherever you live.
- “Batch-cook” on the weekends.
- Keep meals in the freezer for those busy weeknights.
- Chop and prepare fresh veggies ahead of time.
- Use a slow cooker.
How to reach Elaine and more:
www.dranh.com/mealplan Check out Elaine’s offer for FAM listeners!
Now it’s your turn!
WHAT changes have you made in your diet?
HOW have those changes affected your health?
WHAT has been your biggest challenge while implementing a healthy lifestyle?
WHO do you want to hear from?
Let me know in the comments below and I will try my best to get them on the show! I want to answer your burning questions and for YOU to add your thoughts to the conversation. So go ahead and leave a comment now.
And if you want even more resources to heal yourself naturally, make sure you sign up for my email updates, because I share some insights in my email updates that I don’t share anywhere else.
Thanks so much for stopping by and until next time, remember to eat consciously, because the world needs a healthy and vibrant you!
BECOME A FOOD AS MEDICINE VIP FOR FREE. ENTER YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND RECEIVE:
- My free gift, “The Clean Eating Rules.” It’s my #1 guide for how to eat to lose weight, improve your biometrics, and get more energy.
- Summary of Pearls shared on the show
- Occasional Love Letters from Dr. Anh, where I share my favorite recipes and products, upcoming events, new information I’ve learned, and other goodies ☺