Ep 202: Presence, Influence and Persuasion
Release Date: 08/08/2019
One of the biggest things I've learned in my career is the importance of effective influence.
Driving change, promoting technology adoption and establishing new ways of working is a challenge whatever employer you are working for. So what can talent acquisition leaders be doing to develop presence and be more influential?
My guest this week is an expert in these areas. Harrison Monarth is a New York Times best selling author and leading executive coach with a client list that includes Fortune 500 CEOs, start-up entrepreneurs and Members of Congress.
In the interview, we discuss:
• Harrison' coaching philosophy
• What is "executive presence", why is it so important and how anyone can develop it
• The critical importance of perception
• Managing emotions in high-stress situations
• Improving influence and getting buy-in
• Harrison also talks about managing the line between confidence and arrogance and the new edition of his book "Executive Presence."