058: Cruise Packing Tips - Things to Leave At Home
Release Date: 01/05/2015
Gary Bembridge author of "The Cruise Traveler's Handbook" provides another 60-Second Cruise Tip. For more visit http://www.60secondcruisetips.com and subscribe free to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher Radio and TuneIn Radio
Things to leave at home when cruising
Most lines allow you to take unlimited luggage but many cruisers are limited by baggage restrictions of the airline they are flying with to get to the ship and want to avoid cluttering up their cabins with too many clothes, items and suitcases.
So leave behind items the cruise line are likely provide like:
- Beach towels. These will be provided in your cabin or can be collected by the pool.
- Hair Dryer.
- Shampoo and body wash. Depending on the line you will either be provided these in dispensers or individual bottles of brand-name products.
- Bathrobe. Some lines only provide these in their premium suites.
You must leave the following at home:
- Alcoholic beverages. Most cruise lines do not allow passengers to bring it on board and will hold it until the end of the trip. Check if there is any flexibility with the line.
- Candles, Incense, flammable liquids and fireworks. No open flames are allowed in cabins.
- Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons & Hot Plates.
- Illegal drugs, firearms and weapons. Some countries, including United Arab Emirates, have restrictions on some prescription and over-the-counter drugs like codeine so check on their government websites