Macau - Tips For Travellers Podcast #228
Release Date: 06/13/2016
In this episode of the Tips For Travellers podcast Gary Bembridge visits Macau, close to Hong Kong, and the world's biggest gambling centre (having taken over from Las Vegas)>
In this podcast you will hear an overview of the history and must-know facts as well as general tips for travellers and the must-see and do things while there, including:
- Explore the Historic Centre of Macau, doing the self-guided “Footsteps into the Historic Centre”, “Crossroads of China and Portugal” and “Marriage of East and West in St Anthony’s Parish” walking tours.
- Visit the Macau Tower.
- Strolling around Old Taipa Village, doing the self-guided “Bygone days of Taipa Village” walking tour.
- Explore Coloane with the self-guided “Nostalgia in Coloane” tour.
- Visit Macau’s museums, including some unusual ones!
- Visit the Casino mega resorts. Some of the biggest in the world are here and see the City of Dreams “House of Dancing Water” show.
- Try Macanese cuisine, especially the famous Lord Stow’s egg tarts (based on the Portuguese “pasteis de nata”.
Resources and links referred to in the podcast:
- Official Macau Visitor site
- Step Out Self-guided walks
- TurboJet fast ferry site
- DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide Hong Kong USA Listeners UK Listeners
This episode was supported by DK Eyewitness Travel Top 10 Guides
Want to support the podcast? Consider becoming a Patron. Find out more at tipsfortravellers.com/patron