Episode 032: "Chef's Special": Ron Swanson Inspired Brunch
Release Date: 03/01/2017
Chef’s Coast to Coast is highlighting a past favorite interview on this week’s episode. The “Chef’s Special,” typically a dish that uses the season’s best ingredients, is our version of bringing to light the stories of chefs that really spoke to us.
I chatted with Ricky, co-founder of Whisk Chicago, a burger and brunch restaurant that serves Ron Swanson-inspired eats like steak hash, steak & eggs, and the house burger an 8oz burger topped with chihuahua cheese, chipotle mayo, guacamole, and tortilla strips. The restaurant was founded by two brothers who have a deep love for food, parks & rec and all things brunch and burgers. Enjoy!
Try this Week's Recipe!
Chicken Tinga Recipe
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 2 Medium Yellow (Spanish) Onions
- 5 Garlic Cloves Peeled & Whole
- Bay leaves
- 1 Can of Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 1 Can of Chef Style Tomatoes
- In a stock pot add the whole chicken, chopped onion, garlic, bay leaves, salt and pepper.
- Fill with 3/4 of water or just enough to cover the whole chicken.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked, remove from water and set aside to cool.
- In a shallow pan add a cup of sliced onion, add salt and pepper and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add a can of tomatoes, bay leaves and half of the can of chipotle peppers (add more or less if you want the dish to be mild or spicy).
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat.
- Take the chicken and shred by hand.
- Add chicken to the sauce and cook it for 2-5 minutes.
- Use for tacos, tostadas or dip with chips
Give us some Feedback!
Did you make the recipe? Share your results in the comments below!
Connect with Whisk on Facebook and Twitter.
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Chefs Coast to Coast. Don’t forget to catch up on past episodes or subscribe oniTunes or Google Play! We are now sponsored by Audible and happy to announce that you can now download a free book of your choice! Happy Reading!
Check out this episode!