Episode 396, Winter Turkey Feeding, Michigan City to Sterilize Deer, Will Airport Shooting Affect Hunters?, Next Step After Logging Hunting Property, ATA 2017
Release Date: 01/09/2017
Our take on supplemental turkey feeding in the winter
- We don't do it
- Have to be careful due to deer and bear getting into the feed site
- Could keep flocks bunched together instead of breaking up for spring breeding
- Could cause a big boom in local turkey population where you're feeding
- Could kill birds due to mold or bacteria in stored feeds
- Might cause a big scat mess that you're not expecting
- Plant winter feeding plots for turkey as an alertnative
Ann Arbor Michigan votes to sterilize doe deer to control population
- Contoling deer population with sterilization
- Same company as the one in Staten Island N.Y. is sterilizing the deer, (White Buffalo)
- Michigan DNR ok'd this plan
- Why did they go against sound science and the outdoorsmen and women of Michigan?
- Wasted resource
- Could lead to other organizations trying the same thing to control deer populations
- Michigan United Conservation Club following and fighting this action
Will the Ft. Lauderdale Airport shooting affect hunters trying to transport their firearms on airlines?
- How will this incident change transportation rules
- All rules seemed to be have followed
- Will this stop the transportation of firearms all together?
- Might be an opportunity for someone to create a company to ship firearms for shooters and hunters
Next step for Mike and Dan after their property is logged
- Dan is ready to go on his cutting
- What habitat will be planted
- What determines what will be planted
- How do you protect the young plants?
- Creating deer beds?
- Will predator control be part of the plan?
Mike and Dan preparing for this week's Archery Trade Association show in Indianapolis!
- Live posts from Indy
- Looking for new info, stories and products
Looking forward to our 400th show!!!!!