The Not Fade Away Podcast Ep 2: Aaliyah
Release Date: 07/09/2017
Not Fade Away Podcast
Ep 2: Aaliyah
Welcome to the second episode of the Not Fade Away podcast! This time we are getting to know R&B goddess Aaliyah who sadly passed away in 2001 and the age of 22. I am lucky enough to be friends with someone who worked for Aaliyah for several years--Michelle Cramer.
I invited Michelle over to talk about her time with the Hip Hop queen and am so thankful for her input. In this show we really get to know the sweet person who was so beloved by her family, peers and most of all her devoted fans.
In this ep we discuss:
- Aaliyah’s musical upbringing (she was related to Gladys Knight!)
- Her insistence on being a good role model to her fans.
- The rather unfortunate rumors/truth about her relationship to R. Kelly.
- Her rise to the top of the Billboard charts
- The acting career that could have been.
- Her professionalism and attitude about how she treated folks who worked with her.
- The boys who had a crush on her.
- The sad details about her death.
I do not own the music rights to her work so I use some news clips as well as Michelle’s interview to tell this story. If you like what you hear--please subscribe and leave a review. Also--send me a note via social media (@NotFadeAway) if you want to reach out.
Thanks for checking out this podcast! If you have any suggestions for future eps--please reach out!
In the meantime--follow me on social media!
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/notfadeawaypodcast/
Twitter @NotFadeAwayPod https://twitter.com/NotFadeAwayPod
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Margo D. @BrooklynFitChik www.brooklynfitchick.com