What Should Be In Your Social Media Profile Really? [LGE 007]
Release Date: 03/27/2018
What should your social media profile(s) include? Are you compliant with the ethical rules when you build out your social media profiles? In this episode, I discuss what you should consider including in your profiles in order to remain compliant.
What I Cover in This Episode:
- When is your social media profile considered attorney advertising and when is it not?
- What must you include in your profile if we are to treat it like attorney advertising?
- On Facebook specifically, what’s the important and necessary information to include
- What about Twitter? What should be included there, especially considering there’s less room to include information?
- What disclaimers, if any, should you include?
- How can you make the best use of the “Pin Post” option?
- Should you include terminology indicating specialization? If so, what language should you include?
- Can you include testimonials in your profile? Should you?
My interview on The Lawyerist Podcast
My interview on the Legal Toolkit podcast
My conversation with Jeena Cho on The Resilient Lawyer Podcast
ABA Model Rule 7.2
Ca Ethics Rule 1-400
Thank you for listening!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the show to receive every new episode delivered straight to your podcast player every Tuesday.
If you enjoyed this episode, please help me get the word out about this podcast. Rate and Review this show in Apple Podcasts, Stitcher Radio, and Google Play, and be sure to share this podcast with a friend.
Be sure to connect with me and reach out with any questions/concerns:
Email me at megan[at]zaviehlaw[dot]com
This podcast is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not to be construed as legal advice specific to your circumstances. If you need help with any legal matters, be sure to consult with an attorney regarding your specific needs.