How to Uncomplicate Discipleship - Episode 19
Release Date: 09/26/2018
Today we visit with Dr. Warren Haynes, the author of the book Discipleship Uncomplicated.
Dr. Haynes is the National Director of Contextualized Leadership Development for Gateway Seminary. His work puts him at the forefront of leadership training and disciple-making.
Today he shares from his book, Discipleship Uncomplicated.
- His faith story and how it links to his current work - 00:45
- His position as the National Director of Contextualized Leadership Development for Gateway Seminary - 3:30
- The intended reader of his book, Discipleship Uncomplicated - 5:44
- Why his book is unique - 5:30
- An example of real-life disciple-making - 9:40
- A definition of a disciple - 11:40
- Eight principles of disciple-making - 13:45
- Love God, Love People
- What’s Your Name?
- Let’s Pray
- This is for You
- Let Me Share a Story; Tell Me Your Story
- Come with Me
- Gather People
- How to Multiply Leaders
- The difference between being a disciple and making a disciple - 18:00
- Why is it important in the disciple-making process to help or care for people. - 20:55
- The four types of stories we can use to inspire people - 24:20
- God’s Story
- Our Story
- Biblical Stories that Apply to Today
- Life Stories
- The impact of storytelling - 25:45
- How a small group can use his book - 30:24
His email: firstname.lastname@example.org
His book, Discipleship Uncomplicated
His website; www.warrentalks.com
I help pastors build healthy churches. Lately, my emphasis has been working with small churches. If you are the pastor of a small church and need some support, some coaching, then contact me. You can reach me at Mark@CoachingChristianLeaders.com.
Over the past month, the leaders I have spoken with have talked about work-life balance, avoiding burnout, and how to navigate through tough situations. If these ring a bell with you, please contact me. I would be honored to walk with you and coach you.