Top Ten Personal Finance Lessons from Joshua Sheats (Episode017)
Release Date: 03/10/2019
In today’s episode, I will be sharing ten of the most important lessons I’ve learned from Joshua Sheats. These are lessons that apply to personal finance, investing, and beyond.
The Top 10 Personal Finance Lessons I have learned from Joshua Sheats
- Conventional advice should not be accepted simply because it’s conventional advice
- Conventional advice should also not be rejected simply because it’s conventional advice.
- A strategy is more important than tactics. Tactics change over time, but a strategy is enduring.
- Action leads to life change. Ideas, learnings, and study are all meaningless if you don’t take action to improve your life.
- There is more than one way to become financially successful.
- There is more than one definition of success. Don’t simply accept the definition given to you by society.
- Don’t compare yourself to others, only your past self.
- Personal finance is behavioral, not mathematical. The mathematics is simple and straightforward. Mastering your behavior takes a lot more effort.
- You are capable of controlling and curating your desires by what you expose yourself to.
- Don’t be afraid of helping others. Sharing of ideas, knowledge, and skills do not less your own worth. It only improves yourself, others, and the world. (Could be a business idea, how to get ahead, etc. ties into action.)
Support the Podcast on Patreon
This is a podcast supported by listeners like you. If you’d like to support this podcast and help me to continue creating great investing content, please consider becoming a Patron at DIYInvesting.org/Patron.
You can find out more information by listening to episode 11 of this podcast
Show Notes available at DIYInvesting.org
The full show notes for this episode, including my outline for today's podcast, are available at https://www.diyinvesting.org/Episode17
Please review and rate the podcast
If you enjoyed this podcast and found it helpful, please consider leaving me a review. On an iOS platform such as an iPhone or iPad, you can do so by following these steps:
- In your podcast app, click the search icon that looks like a magnifying glass in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Type “The DIY Investing” into the search bar. This podcast should be one of the first shows that display.
- Select the podcast show icon.
- Scroll down to the “Ratings & Reviews Section” and click on the button that says “Write a Review”.
- Write a short one or two sentence review and give me a rating that matches how you feel about the podcast.