Ep 171: The Evolution Of Employer Branding
Release Date: 03/01/2019
Long term listeners to the show will know how critically important I feel employer branding is to talent acquisition. Unfortunately though I still see lots of companies treating employer branding as a surface level marketing exercise rather than giving it the strategic depth it requires.
I'm pleased to welcome employer branding consultant Neil Harrison as my guest this week to discuss what employers should be doing to build a compelling brand in 2019. Neil has over a decade of experience running major employer branding projects and has some great insights to share.
In the interview we discuss:
- How the practice of employer branding has developed in the last ten years
- The relationship between employer branding and marketing within organisations
- Why employer brands need to continuously evolve and can't just be a snapshot in time
- The critical importance of research
- The danger of creating a non-authentic employer brand
Neil also shares some practical examples of employer branding in action and gives us his view on its future evolution.