20 - Keystone Habits of Investing
Release Date: 03/31/2019
Thank you for your support!
This podcast was inspired by the book "The Power of Habit" by Charles Duhigg. You can support the podcast by purchasing the book through one of my affiliate links:
- Available in Hardcover
- Available in Paperback
- Available for Kindle
- Available as an Audio Book (from Audible)
*Disclosure: If you make a purchase through one of these links, I may earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. Please understand that I have personally read all the books that I review. I recommend them because I believe they are helpful and useful, not because of any small commission I might receive. Please do not spend any money on these books unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.*
Keystone Habits of Investing
With investing there are both habits that you should consider adopting and habits that you should avoid.
Positive Keystone Habits of Investing you should adopt
- Read one 10k every week.
- Always write out an investment thesis BEFORE purchasing shares of stock in any company.
- [Patron Only Benefit] - Read the Buy Thesis that I have written for the stocks that I buy.
Negative Keystone Habits of Investing you should avoid
- Checking stock prices every day
- Once a week is the most frequently you need to check your stock prices.
- Ideally, target once a month.
- Use price alerts for stocks you're interested in buying. That way you will be alerted if they hit your buy price. Otherwise, don't spend any time worrying about stock prices.
Support the Podcast on Patreon
This is a podcast supported by listeners like you. If you’d like to support this podcast and help me to continue creating great investing content, please consider becoming a Patron at DIYInvesting.org/Patron.
You can find out more information by listening to episode 11 of this podcast.
Show Notes are available at DIYInvesting.org
The full show notes for this episode, including my outline for today's podcast, are available at https://www.diyinvesting.org/Episode20
Please review and rate the podcast
If you enjoyed this podcast and found it helpful, please consider leaving me a review. Your feedback helps me to improve the podcast and also grow the show's audience.