Tiger Tactics: Advice and Strategies to Survive the Lawyer Jungle [LGE 055]
Release Date: 04/09/2019
The importance of community and supporting each other as we build our practices can’t be overstated. Understanding that you are not alone as you build your practice is absolutely empowering. It can lead to the lightbulb moment that can be the catalyst for tremendous growth in your practice.
Today, we will be talking with 2 of the 5 co-authors of a new book called Tiger Tactics: Powerful Strategies for Winning Law Firms. We will hear from Billie Tarascio, owner of both Modern Law (a family law firm in Phoenix) and its sister Access Legal (a document prep company for low-income clients). Billie is also the co-founder of Modern Law Practice, a company dedicated to building infrastructure in law firms. We also will chat with Jay Ruane, criminal defense attorney and owner of Ruane Attorneys in Connecticut. They are here to share some of the nuggets from the book, so you won’t want to miss this episode.
- A short background on our guests today
- About the book “Tiger Tactics” and how they came up with it
- When Megan, our host, met Billie
- The importance of community in bringing the 5 authors together
- Learning more from failure than from success
- Substantively changing your way of doing business
- Reaching the public
- Systems and ideas that help at work
- Why the theme of struggle will never get old but tactics will change over the years
Hoping this podcast stirs up some more discussion, thank you for listening!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the show to receive every new episode delivered straight to your podcast player every Tuesday.