Lawyer-Scientist and Specialized Skills in Law Practice with Lisa Gonzalez [LGE 061]
Release Date: 05/21/2019
Being a lawyer is a complex and strenuous profession and throwing forensics into the equation creates an entirely new concept to master. Lawyer-Scientist is a new title and only 69 people in the US currently hold that designation, and Lisa Gonzalez is one of them.
Lisa specifically has a focus on forensics within the practice of criminal law and is a member of the American Chemical Association. Lisa has incorporated her specialized knowledge of science into her law practice. In this episode, she shares her outlook on the procedures being used to integrate science and law and how she believes other lawyers can raise the bar by advocating for the profession. For more about what the Lawyer-Scientist profession entails tune into this episode of Lawyers Gone Ethical.
- What led Lisa to become a Lawyer-Scientist
- Specific classes necessary to become a Lawyer-Scientist
- Different techniques and skills that Lawyer-Scientists study
- How practicing criminal defense has impacted Lisa’s approach to her current position
- Creating protocols and procedures to verify processes and procedures
- Learning how to decipher legitimate evidence and asking the right questions about it.
- Setting standards within Lawyer Science
- The issues with meshing criminal justice and science
- Identifying whether a case is standard or requires additional science applications
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the show to receive every new episode delivered straight to your podcast player every Tuesday.
If you enjoyed this episode, please help me get the word out about this podcast. Rate and Review this show in Apple Podcasts, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, and Tunein and be sure to share this podcast with a friend.
Be sure to connect with me and reach out with any questions/concerns:
Email me at megan[at]zaviehlaw[dot]com
This podcast is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not to be construed as legal advice specific to your circumstances. If you need help with any legal matters, be sure to consult with an attorney regarding your specific needs.
Lisa on Instagram