From Butcher to Network Marketing Millionaire at 62 Years of Age, with Jimmy Smith [PODCAST 105]
Release Date: 12/30/2015
No matter what you’ve heard about network marketing, it’s hard to argue with the success that many, many people have seen through the industry. Gone are the days of pyramid schemes and front-loaded companies. Today, technology is making it possible for people who truly desire to succeed and work hard to make their fortunes through helping each other via the vehicle of network marketing. Jimmy Smith is an example of that kind of determination. In this episode you’re going to hear how he left a 40 year career at age 62, and within 8 years was making over $30 million a year. It’s an amazing story with lots of ups and downs, so be sure you take some time to listen.
He saw the math immediately, then went searching for a company worth his time.
Jimmy Smith knew that network marketing would be his vehicle to wealth the moment he understood how the math worked. In his mind it was the most beautiful and perfect form of democracy in existence. But his family and friends didn’t see it right away. His first ventures were not successful because of companies that he couldn’t fully support and he lost a lot of money. But as he continued to search for the company that he could support, he never lost faith in the network marketing model. In this episode you’ll hear Jimmy’s amazing story and why he believes that network marketing is THE avenue for anyone who wants to work hard for their success.
How do you carry on when your family thinks you’re crazy?
It’s no exaggeration to say that Jimmy Smith’s family was skeptical of his network marketing obsession at first. After a bankruptcy and losing a lot of money, his wife didn’t think he knew what he was talking about when he spoke of network marketing in glowing terms. But Jimmy didn’t lose faith, even though he was tempted to quit many times. He knew that the process would work if he could just find the right system and company - which he finally did. Hear how Jimmy pushed through the times of discouragement and eventually won over his wife and family, on this episode of Crank It Up.
If you teach a man to teach others to fish, you can feed the whole world.
For Jimmy Smith, it’s not enough to teach people how to make their own millions. He wants to teach people how to teach others to make millions and pass that information along as much as possible. It’s part of the way he views the power and vehicle of network marketing that makes him so effective. He truly wants to see people succeed because of what that success can do for their family line and legacy. Jimmy shares his story on this episode and discusses how the network marketing industry has changed over the years, and how he sees it poised for a huge resurgence and growth curve in the coming years.
At 87 years old, where does the energy and passion come from?
For Jimmy Smith, it comes from being convinced that what he’s doing is important and will last. He’s able to pass on a legacy through his family that he never knew was possible, and through his network marketing organization he’s seeing people’s lives changed every day. There is so much good he’s able to do, and it drives him to keep going every day when he wakes. This episode is encouraging, inspiring, and powerful, so be sure you take the time to listen to this seasoned businessman and professional people helper.
Outline of this great episode
- Jimmy Smith’s journey into Network Marketing at age 62.
- The early challenges Jimmy faced as he started his Network Marketing company.
- The stress the first 5 years were for Jimmy and how he overcome it.
- The conversation Jimmy had with his bankruptcy attorney about Network Marketing.
- What Jimmy saw in the industry that kept him from quitting when times were hard and failure was imminent.
- The differences between modern network marketing and the days when Jimmy first started.
- How does Network Marketing protect people today (is it a pyramid scheme?)?
- 30 million dollars later… what made the difference?
- How many people are truly helped by Jimmy’s network marketing organization?
- What to look for in a network marketing company.
- The three mega trend in today’s world.
- The life Jimmy lives today, including his family and others in creating millionaires: Where does the passion come from?
- Highlight moments Jimmy remembers from his long life.
Resources mentioned on this episode
BOOK: Think and Grow Rich
BOOK: The Strangest Secret