Episode 120: Taking a Look at the Man in the Mirror - changes on the way [PODCAST]
Release Date: 04/18/2016
Everyone who is wise will take the time periodically to examine their own desires, wants, and wishes, and who they are in light of those things. They will look at the way they live their lives, at the way they interact with other people, and they will make the changes. This episode is all about changes, particularly the changes that David is making in his own life. Those changes will include some adjustments to the publication and distribution of this podcast so make sure you take a listen so you understand where David is headed with this show.
Why you need to reassess and make changes in your life.
Life throws you curveballs, and the circumstances you face will not always be the same. There's always room and even a need to adjust your thinking and your approach to the circumstances that you face day today. David's life has undergone some significant changes in the last few years and he's entering a new season of life that requires him to make some adjustments. You can hear her David has navigated these changes and what he's looking forward to on this episode.
The relationships are what matter.
As David’s sons are growing into men he's realizing that the time he has right now as they make that transition is a vital time of importance for him and for them. He's taking a break from many of the things that have consumed his time in recent years to spend more time with them, alongside them, helping them as they express a desire for him to do so. On this episode you'll hear David's heart as a father as he expresses it in relationship to the stage of life his sons are in.
A desire to be a writer and an upcoming resource for you.
As David has considered the places he has gone and the things he has done one of the things that has risen up inside of his own soul is the desire to become a writer. He feels that the experiences and knowledge he has gained in life are meant to be shared and by writing he can share them most effectively. He's currently working on a resource for his faithful listeners and followers to teach them how to create true wealth and their own lives. But he has dreams of many more books to follow. On this episode will get the details about the upcoming book and other projects David has in mind.
What will it take for YOU to make the most out of the life you have?
Making changes can be a very scary thing and David understands how difficult it can be. But on this episode he encourages you to take the steps necessary to make adjustments that will move your life forward, that will give you the experiences and connections that are vital to being happy. He says this as he enters his own time choices and adjustments to enrich his own life even more. You'll get a lot out of this episode so make sure you take time to listen.
Outline of this great episode
- [0:51] Why David is not sure what’s going to happen on this episode.
- [1:38] The transitions in David’s life and why he’s including you in the conversation.
- [3:02] The time to reassess and make changes.
- [4:32] The busy time David has experienced over the past year and how he discovered that something was not quite right.
- [11:06] How the story with David’s children is changing currently.
- [12:34] Why there will be a huge break in this podcast.
- [15:05] How to take an inventory of yourself and your life.
- [17:20] The upcoming ebook on wealth creation.
- [18:53] The golden handcuffs many people experience and how to avoid it.
- [21:15] David’s new desire and what it will require: to become a writer.
- [27:38] What will it take for YOU to open up space to accomplish new things?
- [37:00] Moving in a new direction.
- [46:02] What people are most afraid of.
- [52:00] Things you can do to stay connected.
Resources mentioned on this episode
“Man in the Mirror” by Michael Jackson
“Money” by Pink Floyd
www.Tutt.com - Mike Dooley’s site
“Writing a Book” by Kevin Connolly
“Another Brick In The Wall” by Pink Floyd
“Tears in Heaven” by Eric Clapton
“Celebration” by Cool and the Gang