Ep 80: Navigating Infertility with Rachel Rabinor, LCSW
Release Date: 04/11/2019
In this episode, we’re speaking with Rachel Rabinor, LCSW about navigating infertility. Rachel is a psychotherapist and licensed clinical social worker who specializes in reproductive and maternal mental health and runs her own private practice in San Diego, CA. Here’s an overview of what’s included in this episode:
- Rachel’s background and how she came to specialize in this aspect of mental health
- The technical definition of infertility (i.e. how long someone must be TTC to be diagnosed with infertility)
- Some stats about infertility, including an estimation of how many people struggle with it today
- The mental/emotional challenges that people struggling with infertility often face
- How/why counseling can be helpful for someone struggling with infertility. Other treatment options that might be helpful.
- Infertility can mean an inability to become pregnant OR trouble staying pregnant (i.e. miscarriages/stillbirth). We discuss how these experiences might be different from a mental/emotional perspective.
- Some of the most common things that folks struggle with during pregnancy after struggling with infertility (i.e. anxiety, fear of loss, trouble bonding, etc.).
- Some things people can do to navigate pregnancy after loss
- Some tips for how someone can support a friend/family member who's struggling with infertility
If you liked this episode of the Birth Kweens Podcast, tell your friends! And go to iTunes, Stitcher, GooglePlay, and Spotify to rate/review/subscribe to the show. For more from us, visit www.BirthKweens.com to sign up for our newsletter. Follow us on Instagram @BirthKweens, join our Facebook group the Birth Kweens Podcast Community, and email us at email@example.com with your questions, suggestions and feedback. Also, be sure to click here so that you can support the show while doing your regular Amazon shopping!