Book Vs Movie "Enola Holmes" Millie Bobby Brown & Henry Cavill
Release Date: 11/24/2020
Book Vs Movie: Enola Holmes by Nancy Springer
The 2006 Novel Vs the 2020 Millie Bobby Brown Movie
The Margos feel the love of mystery and the thrill of self-reliance with the lively Enola Holmes as our main character. The teenage younger sister of brothers Mycroft and Sherlock. Both are brilliant and confounded by their sister’s pluckiness and determination.
When we first meet Enola, we meet her mother Eudoria who wants her daughter to be independent and clever. When she goes missing, Enola travels to London to find out what happened to her.
There are quite a few BIG differences between the novel (Enola Holmes: The Case of the Missing Marquees. Author Nancy Springer wrote several books throughout her long career and has been nominated for the Edgar Award several times for her work.
The movie, directed by Harry Bradbear (Fleabag) and starring Millie Bobby Brown as Enola Holmes (a brilliant casting decision!) also features Henry Cavill, Sam Claflin, Helena Bonham Carter and, Louis Partridge. It’s a delightful production and we had so much fun delving into this world.
Listen to this episode to hear us talk about the book & movie and decide which we like better.
In this ep the Margos discuss:
- The life story of the author Nancy Springer
- The multiple “Sherlock Holmes” iterations over the years and the strange lawsuit against this film
- Why “breaking the fourth wall” is important to tell the story about our lead.
- The cast: Millie Bobbie Brown (Enola Holmes,) Henry Cavill (Sherlock Holmes,) Sam Claflin (Mycroft Holmes,) Helena Bonham Carter (Eudoria Holmes,) Louis Partridge (Tewkesbury,) and Fiona Shaw (Miss Harrison.)
- Enola Holmes trailer
- Enola escapes to find Tewkesbury
- Enola meets Tewkesbury on a train
- Sherlock Holmes being kind to Enola
- Music by Daniel Pemberton
Join our Patreon page to help support the show! https://www.patreon.com/bookversusmovie
Book Vs. Movie podcast https://www.facebook.com/bookversusmovie/
Twitter @bookversusmovie www.bookversusmovie.com
Email us at [email protected]
Brought to you by Audible.com You can sign up for a FREE 30-day trial here http://www.audible.com/?source_code=PDTGBPD060314004R
Margo P. @ShesNachoMama https://coloniabook.weebly.com/