40: Immigrant Investor Programs with Carter Hoppe
Release Date: 01/13/2017
If you are a foreign national seeking to immigrate to Canada through an investor program, you better listen to what immigration lawyer Carter Hoppe has to say first. Carter demystifies a fairly confusing area of immigration law that many of us immigration lawyers shy away from. After listening to this Podcast, you may just want to consider getting into the immigrant investor world....and when I say "world", I mean it.....Carter talks just as much about opportunities in the world as he does in Canada.
I was absolutely delighted that Carter Hoppe was able to join me in this Episode of the Canadian Immigration Podcast. Carter is one of the grandfathers of the practice of immigration law in Canada and one of the founding members of the national immigration section of the Canadian Bar Association.
The thing I like most about Carter is his story telling ability. You don't even realize how much you are learning from him because he carries you away with the intriguing "real life" examples he gives to illustrate his point.
Carter has been certified as a Specialist in Canadian Immigration Law with the Law Society of Upper Canada since 1993 and has been practicing out of his office in Dubai, UAE since 1994. He is ideally situated to share in depth knowledge on all facets of immigrant investor programs. In fact, to all of you who feel that immigrant investor programs are evil, you really need to listen to what Carter has to say regarding the tremendous benefits of these programs to Canada as a whole.
In this episode Carter and I discussed the following areas:
- What is the difference between entrepreneur and investor programs?
- Why did the Federal government pull away from immigrant investor programs?
- What are the benefits of programs that select immigrants based on financial capital?
- What are some of the best strategies for high net worth individuals who want to immigrate to Canada... or another country for that matter?
- Why should Canada bring back immigrant investor programs?
- Which Provinces have programs available for investors and entrepreneurs?
[Tweet "If you are rich and want to immigrate to Canada, here's how."]
- The best way to reach Carter Hoppe: email@example.com
- Carter's firm Carter Hoppe Legal Consultants: http://www.carterhoppe.com/
- Canada's Immigrant Investor and Entrepreneur Programs - Closed: http://www.cic.gc.ca/englisH/immigrate/business/investors/index.asp