After the Sewol, A New Documentary Film From South Korea.에프터더세월호 -guests Directors Neil p. George and Matthew Root (Ep 58)
Release Date: 05/15/2017
Korea has changed after the events of the Sewol Ferry tragedy on April 16th, 2014.
After the Sewol is a new documentary film that deals with the tragic Sewol Ferry accident that claimed the lives of so many here in South Korea. This week we are joined with the two film makers of 'After the Sewol', writers/directors/producers Neil P. George and Matthew Root. They both tell us more about their latest film, the process and difficulties they came across with the film, and their future plans for the film including and second documentary to follow up on the first one. It's the podcast dealing with the Sewol Ferry disaster for this week's episode of K-PoD!
2014년 4월 16일 그날 이후, 대한민국이라는 국가는 변했다. 세월호 사건이 발생한 그날 이후, 몇 주, 몇 달,몇 년이 흘렀지만 별다른 성과는 보이지 않는다. 정부는 국민들의 신뢰를 잃고, 국민들은 역사상 전례 없이 편가르기를 하였다. ‘After the Sewol(애프터 더 세월)’은 영국 출신의 두 감독의 눈으로 변화하는 한국의 모습을 담고 있다. 사건 이후 정부에 대항한 힘든 투쟁을 하고 있는 희생자 가족, 수중 구조 다이버, 사회 운동가와의 인터뷰를 통해, 이 사건이 일어난 이유와, 예방하지 못했던 근본적인 이유에 대해 이야기하고 있다. 영화는 전국 방방곡곡에서 안전한 한국 사회로 나아가기 위해 힘쓰는 기성세대와, 부패한 사회에 대항하여 싸우는 젊은 세대들의 이야기를 모두 담고 있다. 이들이 원하는 것은 단 하나였다. 세월호 희생자들의 죽음에 대한 진실, 바로 그 하나 뿐 이었다.
- 01:44Matthew explains what their new documentary film is and what the Sewol Ferry tragedy was in South Korea.
- 02:54Both Neil and Matthew share a little of their back stories and how they both came together to make this film.
- 05:40The reason behind getting both film makers into the film industry and wanting to make movies and documentary films.
- 09:15Some of the influential films growing up that lead both Neil and Matt into film making themselves.
- 13:25The difficulties behind making a documentary film with difficult/controversial content.
- 16:54Using subtitles in their film and the importance they have for 'After the Sewol'.
- 18:10The reasons behind making 'After the Sewol' and how those reason may have changed during the filming process.
- 24:10Safety issues in South Korea and concerns from all around the world for the public.
- 26:45Obtaining the rights to film clips and footage to use in the film 'After the Sewol'.
- 28:40Showing the movie to audiences, film festivals, and audience responses to 'After the Sewol', including family reactions.
- 31:20Current status of the film, starting the second film and its appeal to both Koreans and the international market.
- 33:08Coming up with the title 'After the Sewol' for the films.
- 34:40With tons of footage, what's it like editing and deciding what to include in the film and what to leave out.
- 36:20What's up next for 'After the Sewol'?
- 44:45Fund raising and how you can get involved with helping out with the documentary ' After the Sewol'.
- 47:09Matthew and Neil's future plans for living here in South Korea.
- 48:40How can people watch the movie and cutting together the trailer of the film.
Direct Download: http://traffic.libsyn.com/changwoner/ep57.mp3
After the Sewol
Face book page: https://www.facebook.com/afterthesewol/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc_bBK9y_uDtPmJjPLND5LQ Trailer for the film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QlEZKI--pI Support the films: https://www.tumblbug.com/ats2017
Guest Contact Information:
Matthew Root on Face book: https://www.facebook.com/matt.root.9
Neil P. George on Face book: https://www.facebook.com/neilpgeorge78
You can contact either Matt or Neil at this email: email@example.com
This show is recorded at: CK (Chef's Kitchen), Changwon
Face Book: https://www.facebook.com/ckchangwon
This show is produced by: The Changwoner Website: http://www.changwoner.com
Face Book: https://www.facebook.com/changwoner/
If you would like to be a guest on K-PoD, or have any questions for the show or regarding South Korea, or have something you'd like to promote, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
#ats #sewol #sewolferry #korea #southkorea #세월 #세월호