CD198: Rationing the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund
Release Date: 06/17/2019
The 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund is being rationed due to a lack of funding and an approaching end date for the program. In this episode, learn about the shocking, growing number of 9/11 victims, understand why these victims are in danger of having to bear the financial consequences of their injuries on their own, and examine the details and status of H.R. 1327, the bill that would solve this problem for good. Jamie Kilstein joins Jen for the thank you's.
Please Support Congressional Dish - Quick Links
Click here to support Congressional Dish for each episode via Patreon
Send Venmo payments to: @Jennifer-Briney
Send Cash App payments to: $CongressionalDish or Donation@congressionaldish.com
Use your bank’s online bill pay function to mail contributions to:
Please make checks payable to Congressional Dish
Thank you for supporting truly independent media!
Recommended Podcast Episodes
- Article: Schumer calls for Senate vote on 9/11 victim fund by Jordain Carney, The Hill, June 12, 2019.
- Bill: House Bill 1327 Never Forget the Heroes: Permanent Authorization of the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund Act by 116th Congress, June 12, 2019.
- Article: After emotional testimony from 9/11 responders, House panel votes to replenish victims fund by Devlin Barrett, Washington Post, June 12, 2019.
- Bill: House Bill 1327 extend authorization for the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund of 2001 through fiscal year 2090, and for other purposes. by 116th Congress, February 25, 2019.
- Document: Federal Register Docket: 911 Victim Compensation Fund: Compensation of Claims by Department of Justice, October 3, 2018.
- Article: Former EPA head admits she was wrong to tell New Yorkers post-9/11 air was safe by Joanna Walters, The Guardian, September 10, 2016.
- Bill: House Bill 1786 James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Reauthorization Act, 114th Congress, Congress.gov, June 11, 2015.
- Bill: House Bill 2029 Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2016 by 114th Congress, Congress.gov, April 24, 2015.
- YouTube Video: 911 Airport Hijackers by Mcdlover4, March 23, 2012.
- Article: EPA Regulators Say They've Learned From 9/11 Blunders, but Critics Remain Unconvinced by Jeremy P. Jacobs, New York Times, September 9, 2011.
- Article: Ex-EPA Chief Is Ruled Not Liable for 9/11 Safety Claims by Robin Shulman, Washington Post, April 23, 2008.
- Document: EPA’s Response to the World Trade Center Collapse by Office of Inspector General, August 21, 2003.
- Bill: House Bill 2926 Air Transportation Safety and System Stabilization Act by 107th Congress, Congress.gov, September 21, 2001.
Hearing: The Need to Reauthorize the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund, June 11, 2019
- Rupa Bhattacharyya: Special Master of the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund, Department of Justice
- Dr. Jaqueline Moline M.D.: Chair of Occupational Medicine, Epidemiology and Prevention at the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell
- Lila Nordstrom: 9/11 Survivor
- Anesa Maria St. Rose Henry: Widow of Candidus Henry, Construction Worker and 9/11 Responder
- Thomas Mohnal: Special Agent, FBI and 9/11 Responder
- Michael O’Connell: Retired Lieutenant and 9/11 Responder, FDNY
- Luis Alvarez: Retired Detective and 9/11 Responder, NYPD
- Jon Stewart: 9/11 Responders and Survivors Advocate
YouTube: This is a clip from the documentary: 911, Toxic Legacy which aired on Canadian CBC 9/10.2006, September 10, 2006
Design by Only Child Imaginations