#273 - The Art of Learning Triathlon
Release Date: 06/03/2019
This is triathlon as a reflection of your life. Are you self aware when it comes to your training? Understand the big picture and/or when to take a day off? Today, we talk about training plans and how they should unfold, understanding boundaries and how recognize when you're getting better.
- When to take days off
- Self awareness
- Emotional Investment required for Ironman
- Poor time management
- Are you willing to give up things?
- Being proactive in beating burnout
- Triathlon as a Reflection of our Life
- Why your get in a stress cycle
- Are you afraid of losing fitness in a week?
- Triathlon as a metaphor for life
- Life and training constancy reflect each other
- Why “In the moment” really works
- How do you know when you really learned?
- Data: The most overrated part of triathlon
- Learning vs. Deep Understanding
- Development takes time
- Do it correctly or just complete it?
- Perfectionism is a Grandiose word for Procrastination
- Confusion equals Uncomfortable
- Investing in your foundation
- Farming out your work
- It only works if you work it
- Building the icing but not the cake
- When your specific workouts mean nothing
Struggling with your Swim? Join our new SWIM SQUAD 12 Month Program and build confidence in the water. You'll get 4 workouts a week, 4 customized video swim analysis, weekly swim tip videos and discounts on our Swim Camps. For more information go to this link.
We currently have ONE slot open for August camp. For more information on camps, click this link
Support the Crushing Iron podcast on Patreon, where the community pledge is only $3.26 per month. There are other options, but every little bit helps us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance.
You can also support us at our new store at CrushingIron.com. We have some NEW classic logo t-shirts and the Official Crushing Iron Spectator shirt for sale. Support the cast and get some new gear for it!
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
Support our podcast with some New Gear at CrushingIron.com
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron