#280 - Be An Expert At Knowing Your Body
Release Date: 06/27/2019
Do you get trapped in loops of negative self-talk? This can be a huge burden to carry when training. Today, we look at ways to manage your training so that you keep good energy and build a pattern of confidence. We get rid of "pass or fail" workouts and show how each training session (no matter how small) can be translated into mental preparation for a race. Finish strong, happy, and healthy.
- Cycles of Negativity
- What makes a successful athlete?
- Running by feel
- Talking yourself into being stagnant
- Appreciating how far you’ve come
- Coach athlete relationship on big picture
- Do you give up on yourself?
- How do you push yourself?
- Mental wins vs mental losses
- Effort vs. Itinerary driven workouts
- Getting rid of pass or fail workouts
- Effort towards execution
- Beat yesterday?
- Who slows down the least
- How to finish strong
- Mental exploration of pace and effort
- Be an expert of knowing your body
- Bonking vs. Terrible Execution
- The Person Who Makes the least amount of mistakes wins
Struggling with your Swim? Join our new SWIM SQUAD 12 Month Program and build confidence in the water. You'll get 4 workouts a week, 4 customized video swim analysis, weekly swim tip videos and discounts on our Swim Camps. For more information go to this link.
Support the Crushing Iron podcast on Patreon, where the community pledge is only $3.26 per month. There are other options, but every little bit helps us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance.
You can also support us at our new store at CrushingIron.com. We have some NEW classic logo t-shirts and the Official Crushing Iron Spectator shirt for sale. Support the cast and get some new gear for it!
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
Support our podcast with some New Gear at CrushingIron.com
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron