#283 - Race Ready - Why The Little Things Are So Big
Release Date: 07/08/2019
Are you drinking too much water? Training for the wrong course? Pushing hard at the wrong times? Today, it’s all about why races fall apart, both because in-race decisions and lack of race specific training. We look smart heat acclimation, sweat tests, replicating your race course, and how to nail nutrition. The difference between a decent race and a great one comes down to the little things.
- Mind tricks of big training blocks
- The Dead of Summer Heat
- Being blind to getting fit
- Optimal training conditions
- Summer training is hard to compute
- The body as a machine
- Heat and Hydration
- Why You Should be taking notes
- Dialing in Nutrition in the Heat
- How athletes typically screw up races
- Sweat Tests
- Why straight water is bad for your race
- Is the Run the problem or what you do before it?
- When nutrition mistakes are amplified
- Practicing Race Day
- Replicating the Ironman bike
- Detailing Demands of the course you’re racing
- Race specific training
- Heat Acclimation vs. Fitness
Registration is NOW OPEN for 2020 C26 Camps. Find out more on our Camps Page.
Struggling with your Swim? Join our new SWIM SQUAD 12 Month Program and build confidence in the water. You'll get 4 workouts a week, 4 customized video swim analysis, weekly swim tip videos and discounts on our Swim Camps. For more information go to this link.
Support the Crushing Iron podcast on Patreon, where the community pledge is only $3.26 per month. There are other options, but every little bit helps us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance.
You can also support us at our new store at CrushingIron.com. We have some NEW classic logo t-shirts and the Official Crushing Iron Spectator shirt for sale. Support the cast and get some new gear for it!
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
Support our podcast with some New Gear at CrushingIron.com
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron