#322 - How To Not Suck At Cycling - Part 3
Release Date: 11/18/2019
How do we get better at cycling while retaining a strong run? Today we look at how your FTP can be misleading and taking you down the wrong road. We also look at key training sessions that make the difference in long distance racing. Better testing, cycling's body punches, and how every session is connected.
- Challenges of Northern Weather
- Godfather of polarized training
- Cross country skiing
- Keeping cycling simple
- The 80/20 principle in cycling?
- Managing time
- 3 kinds of cyclist categories
- Sweet Spot training
- Is the 95% FTP rule accurate?
- What happens when your FTP is wrongly high
- The hard pill for cyclists to swallow
- Are you gambling with your fitness?
- Swift and Trainer Road
- FTP Inside vs. Outside
- Testing to get better at testing
- Testing + Body of Work Equals . . . .
- How do you know if you had a good or bad day?
- Every training session is a “test”
- The most underutilized bike session
- Building Deep Cycling Strength
- Preparing for the body punches
- The most efficient use of limited time
- Extended intervals or shortened with raised intensity?
- Monitor the 22 hours of the day
- Every session is connected
Registration is NOW OPEN for 2020 C26 Camps. Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
You can also support us at our new store at CrushingIron.com. We have some NEW classic logo t-shirts and the Official Crushing Iron Spectator shirt for sale. Support the cast and get some new gear for it!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
Support our podcast with some New Gear at CrushingIron.com
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron