#257 - The Hard Truth About Triathlon Swimming
Release Date: 04/08/2019
We start with a recap of the in-race-cancellation at Ironman 70.3 Texas. Then we take a deep dive into the reality of swimming in open water and long course racing. Are you preparing yourself hard enough to make the swim uneventful, or is the swim always a major stress point? We'll help you get ready and keep your swim safe.
- Texas 70.3 Cancellation
- South Africa
- Additional Kona Slots
- Early season race challenges
- Going from trainer to outdoors
- Treadmill to roads
- Is Ironman really doing the right things for swim safety?
- Pool to Open Water
- Starky’s “Trainer”
- Athlete’s safety on the course
- Should there be an Ironman Swim qualification?
- Swim Safe Initiatives
- Ironman is supposed to be hard
- Total Immersion Swimming
- Open Water Swimming is a Power Sport
- Why technique can be meaningless
- The importance of exposure to Open Water
- How you REALLY prepare for the swim
- Triathlon is a grimy sport
- Make your pool sessions hard
Support the Crushing Iron podcast on Patreon, where the community pledge is only $3.26 per month. There are other options, but every little bit helps us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance.
You can also support us at our new store at CrushingIron.com. We have some NEW classic logo t-shirts and the Official Crushing Iron Spectator shirt for sale. Support the cast and get some new gear for it!
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
Support our podcast with some New Gear at CrushingIron.com
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron