#263 - Ironman Texas Recap/Review - What We Learned
Release Date: 04/29/2019
Crushing Iron had 9 athletes racing and Coach Robbie was on site for Ironman Texas 2019. Today, he shares his thoughts on the venue and experience along with getting into what you need to know if you want to race Ironman Texas. Last year was known for fast racing and drafting on the bike, but this year was much different. The best parts of Ironman Texas, including spectator tips and racing strategies.
- Ironman Texas - The Venue
- Why Coach Robbie was blown away
- 2018 was an anomaly
- More Kona slots and very competitive
- The Woodlands is beautiful
- The Swim Start Vibe and Accessibility
- Super Spectator Friendly Swim
- T1 breakout
- Bike Course with “Drafting” Image
- Changes on the bike this year
- Headwind in your face
- The Walking Dead
- Ironman Tracker was . . . on point
- Run Course
- Perfect for spectating
- What you need to prepare for
- Sunny or Shade?
- Do you get breeze?
- Lunch and Dinner on the run course
- Tons of places to hang on the lawn
- The Finish Line
- Starky and Ryf on the red carpet at midnight
- The two hardest things about this race
- Why this race is great for your Summer
Support the Crushing Iron podcast on Patreon, where the community pledge is only $3.26 per month. There are other options, but every little bit helps us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance.
You can also support us at our new store at CrushingIron.com. We have some NEW classic logo t-shirts and the Official Crushing Iron Spectator shirt for sale. Support the cast and get some new gear for it!
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
Support our podcast with some New Gear at CrushingIron.com
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron