#264 - Out Alone In The Dark (at Ironman Texas)
Release Date: 05/02/2019
This is an Ironman story for Everyone.
If you've ever stayed until the end of an Ironman you know the level of emotions. But have you ever been out in the dark on the last few miles with someone who isn't sure they will make the cutoff? Today, we share the story of how one of our C26 athletes persevered to finish with just over a minute left at Ironman Texas. An emotional look at how the tone of an Ironman changes after the sun goes down.
- Why Ironman is different
- Running races vs. Triathlon
- You can’t explain the Finish Line
- What it’s like to spectate Ironman
- What it’s like to coach at an Ironman
- The Race Course Goes Through Its Own Transition
- When the Sun Sets on the Course
- When Your Friend Is Getting Close To Not Making It
- Understanding an Athlete’s Personality as a Coach
- When Ironman is Symbolic of Life
- Out Alone in the Dark
- Sometimes all you need is someone to come by and help
- Understanding the 17 Hour Cut Off
- When You Deserve More Than You May Believe
- When it’s time to talk tough
- When we retreat inside vs. bring people in
- When others remind us who we really are
Support the Crushing Iron podcast on Patreon, where the community pledge is only $3.26 per month. There are other options, but every little bit helps us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance.
You can also support us at our new store at CrushingIron.com. We have some NEW classic logo t-shirts and the Official Crushing Iron Spectator shirt for sale. Support the cast and get some new gear for it!
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
Support our podcast with some New Gear at CrushingIron.com
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron