#265 - Testing Your Limits
Release Date: 05/06/2019
Are you going through the motions, or testing your comfort zone? Do you train with people who focus on growth or get stuck in a routine? No matter who you are, there is always room for growth. Our potential is vast, but we have to find ways to push ourselves and test the limits. Even if that means we won’t have something pretty to post on Instagram or Strava.
- Confidence, Consistency, Community
- Giving athletes opportunities
- Put yourself in a situation to be vulnerable
- How to breakthrough with confidence
- Mike fixes a lawnmower
- New locations and breaking limits
- Day to day regiments can create comfort zones
- Why we conform to our own constraints
- How to see yourself as a better athlete
- Making yourself uncomfortable
- Are you going through the motions?
- Taking challenges head on
- Robbie’s Open Water Swim Soap Box
- When to choose Open Water practice over the pool
- Why mental breakthroughs are more memorable
- How to break the routines of your ride and run routes
- Group and training partner traps
- Find people who are supportive of growth
- How to see growth outside of your pace
- Recognizing gains that aren’t obvious
- Changing behavior with consistency
- Coaching is setting you up for success
- Mental and emotional shifts
- Don’t forget who you are
- Being paralyzed with “fine"
Support the Crushing Iron podcast on Patreon, where the community pledge is only $3.26 per month. There are other options, but every little bit helps us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance.
You can also support us at our new store at CrushingIron.com. We have some NEW classic logo t-shirts and the Official Crushing Iron Spectator shirt for sale. Support the cast and get some new gear for it!
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
Support our podcast with some New Gear at CrushingIron.com
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron