#272 - Heat and Fatigue
Release Date: 05/30/2019
Summer just hit like a sledgehammer and it's time to train smart. Today we look at how heat impacts how you train, your pace, and your attitude. We discuss smart ways to keep building speed without getting laid up with injuries or experiencing deep fatigue. Should you spend time in the sauna or ice? What kind of adjustments do you make when doing a hot race?
- Transitioning to the Heat
- How to keep no expectations
- You’re gonna be slower now
- Zone 2 feels like zone 3?
- Chasing Pace
- Why Dew Point Can Crush Your Soul
- How heat affects pace
- heat acclimation better than altitude?
- Saunas? How often?
- The best time for saunas
- Cold water and ice?
- Yard work as training?
- The point of diminishing returns
- Muncie 70.3
- Kona vs. Wales . . . Pro Standings?
- Chasing Watts and MPH
- Race day is a reflection of execution on that day
- Making Slight Adjustments is the difference
- Racing is the ultimate training trap
- Plan your training backwards
- It’s who you are, not who you want to be
- 20+ mile runs in training
- The worst coaching sales pitch
- Rearranging your schedule
- The Training Bed of Nails
Struggling with your Swim? Join our new SWIM SQUAD 12 Month Program and build confidence in the water. You'll get 4 workouts a week, 4 customized video swim analysis, weekly swim tip videos and discounts on our Swim Camps. For more information go to this link.
We currently have ONE slot open for August camp. For more information on camps, click this link
Support the Crushing Iron podcast on Patreon, where the community pledge is only $3.26 per month. There are other options, but every little bit helps us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance.
You can also support us at our new store at CrushingIron.com. We have some NEW classic logo t-shirts and the Official Crushing Iron Spectator shirt for sale. Support the cast and get some new gear for it!
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
Support our podcast with some New Gear at CrushingIron.com
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron