Minding VOD Windows With Linda Nelson Of Indie Rights
Release Date: 09/11/2014
As the popularity of VOD and digital distribution grows and grows, the rules are being rewritten fast - releasing windows are now emerging, certain distribution platforms are looking for exclusives, and some platforms are even limiting direct to consumer sales.
In this seminar VOD expert and digital aggregator Linda Nelson of IndieRights walks us through many of the changes taking place within the VOD landscape and discusses the emergence of digital release windows.
In this seminar Linda discusses:
- The importance of a windowing strategy for VOD and digital platform releases
- Suggested release windows for films without broadcast/cable VOD release
- Suggested release windows for films with broadcast/cable VOD releases
- What to do on your own vs. what to do with an aggregator and when
- Timing of DTA platform releases including Vimeo, sites like ReelHouse, Chill, KinoNation, etc.