The Therapycast Vol 2 No 8
Release Date: 08/27/2019
In episode 3.11 Peter Mabbutt once again talks to author and therapist Rubin Battino. They explore diverse subjects ranging from why clients don’t or won’t change to the enigmatic sounding Yenta syndrome.info_outline The Therapycast Vol 3 No 10
In episode 3.10 Peter Mabbutt talks to Lynda Hudson, author of Scripts & Strategies in Hypnotherapy with Children, and More Scripts and Strategies in Hypnotherapy, about working with children and the effects that the COVID pandemic has had on their wellbeing and education. There is also a reminder about the upcoming Your Mind Matters International Virtual Conference being held on the 5th and 6th June 2021.info_outline The Therapycast Vol 3 No 9
In episode 3.9 the podcast Gods were willing and once again Peter Mabbutt has the pleasure of talking to Dr James Cowart about the modern myths surrounding mental health. James' book The ABCS of Coping with Anxiety: Using CBT to Manage Stress and Anxiety is available from Crown House Publishing.info_outline The Therapycast Vol 3 No 8
In episode 3.8 Peter Mabbutt welcomes back onto the show Dr James Cowart where they discuss the psychological impact of the COVID pandemic whilst briefly straying into the realm of conspiracy theories, antivaxers, and alien abduction!info_outline The Therapycast Vol 3 No 7
In episode 3.7 Peter Mabbutt talks to prolific author and therapist Rubin Battino. They discuss Rubin’s concept of secret therapy and brief therapy with Rubin sharing some of the techniques and approaches he uses.info_outline The Therapycast Vol 3 No 6
In episode 3.6 Peter Mabbutt talks to Clinical Psychologist and Clinical Hypnotherapists Raagi Ravi about her work with treating addiction, how she has combined a variety of therapies to create an effective holistic approach that applies to both her clients and their families. They explore the psychosocial aspects of addiction and recovery before heading into the ubiquitous realm of COVID and the impact that has had on substance abuse.info_outline The Therapycast Vol 3 No 5
In episode 3.5 Peter Mabbutt talks to author Richard Hill about the book he wrote with Ernest Rossi - The Practitioner's Guide to Mirroring Hands: A Client-Responsive Therapy That Facilitates Natural Problem-Solving and Mind-Body Healing. They explore Richard's friendship with Ernest Rossi, the Mirroring Hands approach, what makes a good therapy session, along with ultradian rhythms before disappearing down the rabbit hole of Quantum Field theory.info_outline The Therapycast Vol 3 No 4
In episode 3.4 Peter Mabbutt discusses EMDR with Dr Alan Soh and Dr Sumithra Premadasa, sharing their experience of using it when treating trauma and other conditions. And yes, COVID does get a mention as well.info_outline The Therapycast Vol 3 No 3
In episode 3.3 Peter Mabbutt and Dr Thema explore depression. We look at the different types of depression and and consider the reality of it for the person experiencing the condition and for those who are close to them.info_outline The Therapycast Vol 3 No 2
In episode 3.2 CBT comes under scrutiny as Michelle Hague, Dr Alan Soh and Peter Mabbutt discuss its role in therapy today, and look its future as part of the more spiritual 4th wave cognitive behavioural therapies.info_outline
In this podcast I explore some of the latest ideas regarding depression and share a fellow podcasters experience of living with and being treated for depression.
A Strong Will is Needed by Derek Clegg
Dum Tee Dum can be found on iTunes:
Their website is www.dumteedum.com
Detecting risk of depression
Halldorsdottir, T., Piechaczek, C., Soares de Matos, A. P., Czamara, D., Pehl, V., Wagenbuechler, P., ... & Greimel, E. (2019). Polygenic Risk: Predicting Depression Outcomes in Clinical and Epidemiological Cohorts of Youths. American Journal of Psychiatry, appi-ajp.
Brain Insulin Resistance and Depression
- Bădescu S, Tătaru C, Kobylinska L, et al.The association between diabetes mellitus and depression. J Med Life. 2016;9(2):120-125.
- Hamer J, Testani D, Mansur R, Lee Y, Subramaniapillai M, McIntyre R.Brain insulin resistance: a treatment target for cognitive impairment and anhedonia in depression. Exp Neurol. 2019;315:1-8.
- Lyra e Silva NM, Lam MP, Soares CN, Munoz DP, Milev R, De Felice FG.Insulin resistance as a shared pathogenic mechanism between depression and type 2 diabetes. Front Psychiatry. 2019;10:57.
- Arnold SE, Arvanitakis Z, Macauley-Rambach SL.Brain insulin resistance in type 2 diabetes and alzheimer disease: concepts and conundrums. Nat Rev Neurol. 2018;14(3):168-181.
- Sripetchwandee J, Chattipakorn N, Chattipakorn SC.Links between obesity-induced brain insulin resistance, brain mitochondrial dysfunction, and dementia. Front Endocrin (Lausanne).2018;9:496.
- Kullmann S, Heni M, Hallschmid M, Fritsche A, Preissl H, Häring HU.Brain insulin resistance at the crossroads of metabolic and cognitive disorders in humans. Physiol Rev. 2016;96(4):1169-1209.
- Singh MK, Leslie SM, Packer MM.Brain and behavioral correlates of insulin resistance in youth with depression and obesity. Horm Behav. 2019;108:73-83.
Meta Analysis for Depression and Hypnosis
Milling, L. S., Valentine, K. E., McCarley, H. S., & LoStimolo, L. M. (2018). A Meta-Analysis of Hypnotic Interventions for Depression Symptoms: High Hopes for Hypnosis?. American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis, 61(3), 227-243.