129: Creating External Transformation Through Internal Growth with Brian Pickowicz
Release Date: 07/01/2019
Brian Pickowicz is a Lifestyle Fitness Coach who focuses on helping his clients build the body they love while they create lasting change in their health.
A former college athlete & competitive bodybuilder, Brian has always seen fitness as a catalyst for personal growth and transformation.
For the last 4.5 years he’s incorporated fitness & lifestyle coaching as a means of transformation, internally and externally, for his clients though his H.O.P.E. Driven system.
Formerly a small town kid from NH, Brian now resides in Dallas, Texas with his fiancé, Lindsey Rago where they are both working to improve the quality of others lives through health & inner peace.
You can learn more about Brian at BrianPickowicz.com or check out his podcast, The MyJourney Experience.
In this episode we dive into:
- How Brian initially self sabotaged his dreams of playing college football and how he ultimately made a shift in his mindset to push himself out of his comfort zone.
- His initial interest in body building and how the physical and mental growth gave Brian the idea to spread his knowledge and serve and coach others.
- The importance of understanding what phase of your journey you are currently in and how we can gain clarity on the next steps along our path.
- Why your confidence comes not from your physical appearance, but rather the process it takes to go through the physical changes in a healthier direction.
- How physical activity and healthy lifestyle choices can actually make an impact on everything in our day to day lives including our relationships and business goals.
- The one relationship Brian has that trumps everything else in his life, and why that specific relationship needs to be strong and healthy to keep everything else going.
- Helping former athletes to acknowledge and accept where they are at with fitness and constructing exercises to fit their lifestyle now.
- How to find the balance between letting yourself off the hook and being content with where you are at and pushing yourself to go all in.
- How to set yourself up for success in your fitness journey, Brian's personal tips and tricks.
- What a “vehicle goal” and a “destination goal” are, and how these will help us reach our ultimate “end game” goal.
- Why we need to check in with ourselves internally, and how to implement this in your own life.