113: Optimizing Your Body and Your Life with Dr. Jen Esquer
Release Date: 05/06/2019
The best way to explain Dr. Jen Esquer, is that she is a MOVER. She believes that becoming educated on what is going on with your body is the most powerful piece of knowledge for establishing health and longevity for a pain-free and active lifestyle!
After graduating from California State University, Fullerton with a degree in kinesiology, she was accepted into Loma Linda University where she received her Doctor of Physical Therapy degree. She now works primarily as a private sports therapist, creating programs, hosting workshops, and treating one on one for a more direct and precise experience.
She is the creator of The Mobility Method, which is an online program and community that provides you with all the tools to relieve pain, prevent injury, optimize movement, lift heavier, squat lower, and so much more. The program is created to teach you how to find your own restrictions throughout your body and implement these mobility routines into your everyday life for no more than 10 minutes a day!
She also, more recently launched “The Optimal Body” program that provides you with an easily accessible library of workouts to increase strength, improve cardiovascular endurance, increase and understand core stability, improve mobility and ultimately bulletproof your body to prevent injury and optimize movement.
She has been featured by CBS, Mover, Men’s Fitness, Muscle and Fitness, Strong, Shape, Bodybuilding.com, IntelliRoll and more…
Her mission is to heal the world and the best way she can do that, is through empowering others to learn how to heal themselves!
In this episode we dive into:
- Jen’s background in athletics and family activities that led to her fascination with how the body moves and functions.
- Why physical therapy is just as much an art as it is a science, and why Jen believes in finding understanding with her patient’s lifestyle is just as important as the their pain point.
- How Jen shifts her clients from a sympathetic state to a parasympathetic state with breathing techniques and why this is important in removing the mental blocks before they start addressing the actual pain.
- The relationship between comparison and hustle, and why this might be the real reason businesses, relationships, and bodies suffer, especially with entrepreneurs.
- Why there is not a perfect work/life balance, but rather an eb and flow, allowing the shifts of life to take us where we need to be.
- The importance of having relationships in business and separate relationships outside of business to keep us real, and connected.
- How Jen got into social media and how she unintentionally became “instagram famous”.
- The leap that Jen took from working in a private physical therapy clinic to starting her own business and the challenges and reward that came with it.
- The benefits of training ourselves both mentally and physically and how Jen practices this daily.
- How we can use journaling as a tool to stay grounded and recharge.
- Jen’s “Mobility Method” and “Optimal Body” programs and how they allow people to customize the programs to what they need and the lifestyle they live.