The Neon Demon
Release Date: 04/12/2019
Thank you to our Co-Producer patron Miriam Meaney for selecting this week's topic!
This 2016 film by Nicolas Winding Refn is about beauty, jealousy and the entertainment industry. We look at Refn's thematic intentions and the myriad of arguments about his "misogyny" or "feminism," to try to understand how the glamour industry portrays women.
Interested in the media we discussed this episode? Please support the show by purchasing it through our affiliate store:
- ‘Movie blood tastes so good’ – on The Neon Demon set with Nicolas Winding Refn
- A HORROR FILM ABOUT BEAUTY: NICOLAS WINDING REFN & ELLE FANNING ON “THE NEON DEMON”
- Nicolas Winding Refn Readies Danish/French Horror Tale
- Nicolas Winding Refn on The Neon Demon's Female-Dominated Cast
- The Neon Demon is the most offensive film of the year - and not because of the necrophilia
- MOVIES‘The Neon Demon’ Is ‘Valley of the Dolls’ Meets ‘The Texas Chainsaw Massacre’?!
- Birth. Movies. Interview: Nicolas Winding Refn And Cliff Martinez Talk THE NEON DEMON
- The Neon Demon: a spoiler-filled chat about the year’s best or worst movie
- I’M A FEMINIST, AND I LOVED THE NEON DEMON
- The Neon Demon tries to both fetishize and vilify young girls. It fails.