Making it as a young professional musician with opera singer Alyssa Click
Release Date: 05/01/2020
Ronetta Francis, candidate for Arkansas State Senate District 1, which is home to businesses such as Walmart joins our podcast.info_outline Women in Politics - Running for City Council
On today’s episode, I’m joined by Gayatri Agnew who is currently running for office seeking to be elected to City Council Ward 1 Seat 2 in Bentonville, Arkansas.info_outline Gen Z Voting in 2020
Sithara is a student and political organizer working to register college voters in Florida. As a UCLA senior planning to graduate next spring with a degree in biology, she's passionate about turning out the youth vote of her peers and making sure young people’s voices are heard.info_outline Elections, Politics, and Life Lessons from a Failed Campaign
On this episode, I chat with movement building expert, and single mom by choice--Amber England. Amber has nearly two decades of experience navigating the political world in Oklahoma. Amber talks about having a career in politics, lessons learned from a failed campaign in 2016, how she thinks about compensation now that she’s a consultant and mom, and how listeners can get engaged starting today with our 2020 elections across the country.info_outline Yoga, Small-business Pivots, and Getting Sober During Covid-19
Lynn Hancock, owner of Yoga Story in Bentonville, Arkansas, joins Talk Bravely to talk about owning a yoga studio, Covid, her mentors, and sobriety. Lynn has been a fitness professional for over a decade focusing on yoga, nutrition, and strength training. But she’s also a business superstar - she was able to flip her business and learn an entirely different skill set in order to stay afloat during a pandemic.info_outline RVing, Camping, and Vacationing During Covid-19
Tuck yourselves in for a podcast all about vacationing during Covid-19 by RV. I’m affectionately calling this episode - TAKE YOUR DAMN VACATION. On today’s episode, I’ll share our family history of RVing, my 3 key messages about traveling the states in a camper, answer some of the most frequently asked questions about travel by RV.info_outline Real Estate Investing and the Financial Independence Movement
Lawyer turned real estate investor Diya Liu joins Talk Bravely. Diya started out as a Big Law attorney but turned to real estate investing and went from $0 to $100k net rental income with vacation rentals in 13 months.info_outline Anxiety, Coronavirus, and the Stress of Work
Today we’re talking about all things related to Covid-19 and the office. If you’re just starting out in your career world and faced with anxiety around physically going back to an in-person work environment this summer, coming to the realization that you may NEVER work in a physical space again with co-workers and have anxiety over remote work, OR are an essential worker who is still looking for ways to keep anxiety about in-person working at bay, you’re in the right spot.info_outline Personal Finance 101: 5 Steps to Start on Your Path to Financial Independence
Personal finance coach, recovering small business owner, nature lover, and investment junkie Luisa Alberto shares her story and her 5 Steps to get started with Personal Finance. Luisa’s entrepreneurial pursuits have involved some very tough lessons. She gets into some real talk on personal finance, building a career starting from her passion, and how she dug out of debt.info_outline Becoming a Professional Mountain Biker with 3-Time Cyclocross World Championship Team Member Crystal Anthony
Professional mountain bike & cyclocross racer for Liv Racing, endurance sport coach, and foodie, Crystal Anthony joins Talk Bravely to share her journey in competitive athletics and competing at the World Championships. We talk all things racing, training, making the decision to leave a steady (and impactful job) and how she finds fulfillment in both racing and coaching others towards their goals.info_outline
Ever wonder what young music professionals go through on their way to making it big? On this episode of Talk Bravely, I chat with Alyssa Click, a young professional singing actress and music teacher living in Boston. Alyssa recently completed a Post-Graduate Fellowship in Arts Administration at the Boston Conservatory at Berklee (2019), holds a Master of Music degree in Opera Performance from the Boston Conservatory at Berklee (2018) and a Bachelor of Music degree in Vocal Performance from Northern Arizona University (2016).
To say she’s an impressive performer is an understatement. But on this episode, she joined Talk Bravely host Dr. Kerry Moll to talk about the business side of the music industry, how working musicians are paid, what being represented by a manager means, and how she creates steady streams of income through her talent and a few (NINE!) side hustles.
What we’re talking about:
- The money side of the music industry - and how it’s expensive to be a professional musician.
- “As a musician, you ARE your business” and have to treat your financial life as a such.
- “Knowing when to shut my laptop and take my screens away is critical for mental health.” Alyssa shares how she juggles nine ‘side jobs’ while pursuing her dream AND the benefit of a good therapist to keep her mental health in a good place.
- “Do your research… always look to find out what the typical pay looks like.” It’s not always easy to find out what range a contract for performance should be, but the information IS out there.
- How she’s transitioning to online music work and videos during social isolation in the COVID-19 hotspot of Boston.
Connect with Alyssa:
- @Alyssaclicksoprano on instagram and facebook
Links of Interest for Aspiring Musicians:
- AGMA (opera/classical musicians) - https://www.musicalartists.org/about-agma/how-does-agma-support-you/
- Actor's Equity (musical theatre/straight-acting) - https://www.actorsequity.org/aboutequity/
- YAP Tracker (mostly classical music) - http://www.yaptracker.com/register/?uReferral=TEMPO5304 ($5 off for new member subscriptions with this link)
- Backstage (musical theatre, straight-acting, commercials, and TV/movie work) - http://fbuy.me/v/alyssa_1544 ($10 off for new members with this link)
- Playbill (musical theatre, straight-acting, commercials, and TV/movie work) - https://www.playbill.com/ (free, no login credentials)
Don't forget to hit subscribe and leave a review!