Episode #004: Julie Watson on Pushing Through Fear and Turning to Faith to Find Your Purpose
Release Date: 11/27/2018
Welcome to Episode 17 of #TrueJoyRevolution. Today I am chatting with Kathy Jamison, North Texas Cookie Jar. I love Kathy's honest perception of starting the business. With only a year under her belt, she's sharing what mindset shift's she's faced, the learning curve, and the boundaries she had to set. There are so many golden nuggets of wisdom in this episode. Powerful Insights from Kathy: “It was hard because I was having to trust myself more because it was all me. I had no one else that I can lean on. This is pretty much all me. I am doing the baking. I have...info_outline Episode #016: Rarely Shared Secrets of Starting a Business
Welcome to Episode 16 of #TrueJoyRevolution. Today I am chatting with Autumn Roadruck, The Start Up Success Podcast. I am obsessed with this episode and our conversation. We dive deep into some rarely shared secrets of starting a business. We chat about the importance of defining your own success, overcoming comparisonitis, and common myths about starting a business. There are so many golden nuggets of wisdom in this episode. Powerful Insights from Autumn: “When you are first starting your business no matter what industry you're in whether it's service,...info_outline Episode #015: Tapping Into Your Intuition to Live Your Best Life with Cynthia Long
Welcome to Episode 15 of #TrueJoyRevolution. Today I am chatting with my dear friend and Angel Intuition, Cynthia Long, Angel Roots and Boots. Cynthia is an energy Goddess and has great knowledge about tapping into the divine messages we receive on a daily basis. Cynthia and I can chat all day about tapping into your intuition. It is such an important piece of living your best life and leading a life that is smooth, joyful and with minimal struggle and stress. We chat about not only tapping into your intuition, but also, the power that energy has on our decisions and life...info_outline Episode #014: The Evolution of #TrueJoyRevolution Podcast and True Joy Experience
Welcome to Season 3 of the #TrueJoyRevolution Podcast. It has been one year since launching this podcast and there is so much to celebrate. In this episode, I share how the podcast has evolved as well as the mindset shifts I I embarked on to get back to the heart of True Joy Experience and fall back in love with both my business. I share the obstacles I overcame and how simple shifts in perspective transformed my life and business. Connect with Katerina and True Joy Experience On Instagram On Facebook www.truejoyexperience.com Ready to transform your life? Join the...info_outline Episode #013: How to Create Perfect Content for Your Ideal Audience with Helen Munshi
Welcome to Episode 13 of #TrueJoyRevolution. Today I am chatting with Brand Strategist, Helen Munshi, The Start-Up Studio! Helen has worked with hundreds entrepreneurs to create a business strategy to target their ideal audience with incredible content. This conversation is filled with so much wisdom! We chatted about your niche - speaking to just one person, the content that will help solve their problems and come back for more, the perfect place for your content, reusing content across mediums, and sticking to just one focus. Helen shares IT ALL in this podcast. Content is...info_outline Episode #012: Creating a Personal Brand for Your Dream Business with Hilary Hartling
Welcome to Episode 12 of #TrueJoyRevolution. Today I am chatting with personal branding guru Hilary Hartling, BrandPolish Co! Hilary has an impressive background working in marketing with companies such as Disney and Pixar. She is a personal branding strategist working with entrepreneurs and business leaders to build impactful brands. This episode is FILLED with GOLDEN nuggets of wisdom from her journey and her expertise. We discuss everything from how she quit her dream job at Disney to build her dream business, what a personal brand is all about, and how you can take the steps to...info_outline Episode #011: How to Stop Comparing Yourself to Others and Why It's so Important
In this solo episode we talk about an issue that plagues most of us especially interacting in the social media world. The #1 way to zap your confidence and derail yourself from success is to compare yourself to others, to compare your unique journey with someone else's journey. I share how comparisonitis is steering you further and further away from your dream life and business, and why it's so important to take action today to stay focused on your own path. I include 7 tips on how you can shift your mindset and actions to make comparing less intriguing, as well as limiting the opportunities...info_outline Episode #010: How to Find Clarity When You Feel Stuck and Stagnant in Life
It is so easy to lose faith when you feel stuck in the life you are living. When you feel like you are running on a hamster wheel or treadmill going nowhere fast, it’s time to ask yourself some really deep questions. This podcast episode is based off of my most popular blog post about the 6 Questions to Ask Yourself When You Feel Stuck and Stagnant. This is also the #1 reason my clients find me. They know that where they are in life isn’t bringing them joy. They know there is a life and business they want to make a reality, but they don’t know where to start to gain direction....info_outline Episode #009: Being Multi-Passionate and Making It Work Well with Erica Leman
Welcome to Episode 2 of season 2. Today I am chatting with the fabulous Erica Leman! Erica is multi-passion working a full time job that she loves AND owns a successful and growing Wedding Photography business, Sweet Alice Photography, in Hudson Valley, NY. This episode is FILLED with GOLDEN nuggets of wisdom from her journey. We discuss everything from how she balances it all between her full time job, her business and her life to overcoming comparisonitis. We chat a bit about how it’s a growing movement of entrepreneurship especially among millennials and doing what’s on your...info_outline Episode #008: What is #TrueJoyRevolution All About?
Welcome to season 2 of #TrueJoyRevolution. After a brief unexpected hiatus, the show is back with new inspiring interviews and solo episodes on topics that will take the hard out of leaving your current job and career to start and grow your dream business or creative venture. This is where you get the courage, confidence, and clarity to live life your own way. In this episode, I share a bit about the break between podcast seasons and the meaning behind #TrueJoyRevolution. You’ll learn what makes you a true revolutionary and what my mission and goal is for the podcast! ...info_outline
In this episode, I chat with Julie Watson, health and wellness coach and author of the new book True Health: A Woman's Guide to Loving Her Body, Loving Her Life, and Loving Her God. Julie Watson’s journey, her "AHA" moments, her perspective shift, and her renewed relationship with her faith, brings so much inspiration and lessons on truly living a joyful life and finding your purpose. Julie overcame tough obstacles to find clarity and purpose including grief, anxiety and health issues temporarily derailing her, but eventually leading her to the life she was meant to live.
During our conversation we chat about:
- Working through grief, fears, anxiety and health issues and how they brought her to where she is in her life today.
- Turning to faith to provide guidance and support leads to feleing better, achieving optimal health and functionality, and fulfilling your purpose.
- Pushing past fear to lead the life you are meant to live.
- How leading with faith brings you the clarity, confidence and direction to lead the lives we are meant to lead.
- “The biggest shift for me happened to me when I realized that actually my biggest fear is that my life will not matter, that I will not have lived out my purpose!… It would be worse for me to not step into who I’m called to be and push past that fear then myself be stopped by all the other fears in my life….that is what really has inspired me to keep on moving forward.”
- “As I’ve focused more on my calling, it isn’t so much now that I’m working from a place of fear. I think the closer I’ve grown in my relationship with God, the more I want to be the woman that he wants me to be out of love for Him not out of fear anymore. I love that he has changed that desire of my heart. I am no longer operating from a place of “I should”…all of these feelings of what I should be doing with my life and how it should be run. But instead focusing on “I want to” and “I choose to” because I love Him. And He knows what’s best for me.”
- “Sometimes we get so stuck in the doing, and the pushing, and the going that we forget that we can enjoy it. You know, we can enjoy the journey. That there’s joy in it. That there’s joy, sometimes not in all the work, but there are moments and there are people that bring us joy, so yeah.. that is something I definitely feel has been a bigger part of my life.”
Tips to move you forward on your journey:
- Set aside some quiet time every morning – even if it’s just 5 minutes. “It gets you in the right mindset and sets your day off. It’s hard to really put a focus on your dreams if immediately you are just, you know, responding to everyone else. You’re not giving yourself that clear focus for the day.” Your journey is about you, so start your day fulfilling your needs, focusing on you and the dreams you have for yourself!
- Be in the word of God – to strengthen your faith read the word of God. Build your relationship with your faith. There are so many words of motivation that can help you on your journey and bringing you closer in your faith to live more our of hope and love. During your quiet time in the morning, spend time praying, seeking guidance and clarity. Turn your worries over to your faith and know the truth about your life and your journey.
- Trade in your judgement for curiosity – “Being ok with being on the journey. None of us is perfect. We are always becoming who it is that we are meant to be. We are never going to reach that and stop growing. So be gentle with yourself. Show yourself grace, treat yourself like you would your best friend. If you wouldn’t say something to your best friend don’t say it to yourself. Be ok with learning from mistakes. We all make them. No one is perfect.”
Connect with Julie:
And check out Julie's Book on Amazon - True Health: A Woman's Guide to Loving Her Body, Loving Her Life, and Loving Her God.
Connect with Katerina and True Joy Experience
Ready to transform your life? Join the Joyful Life Society Facebook Group - a community of women just like you stepping out of their comfort zones, and overcoming their fears to live life their own way. In the group you will be able to share your journey, receive support and encouragement and free resources to help you reach your goals and dreams.
Did you hear something you loved today?
Leave a review and subscribe to the podcast
Had a takeaway from this week’s episode?
Share it on social media and tag me @truejoyexperience