Not Another X-Files Podcast Podcast
Welcome to Vancouver - the home of the X-Files. Join us as we take a journey from pilot to finale, complete with improv, shipping, and lots of singing!
info_outline 819. Alone 09/17/2020
819. Alone You're never "alone" when Carolyn and Vanessa are around! We're back and we have things to say about this "slithery" episode. Download now to get the answers to all your burning questions: For example, what is the connection between the salamander man and the fluke man? Which character has an "anger thing"? Who is "that guy"? And was it REALLY a UFO? Stay safe and healthy everyone and thanks for listening! Find us on Patreon:
info_outline 818. Vienen 09/03/2020
818. Vienen The black oil is back, and spoiler alert, to no one’s surprise, we still don’t get it. Their eyes glow now? Oy vey. We also talk about other things, we swear - the Mulder and Doggett of it all, Sculltopsies, and mythology, plus…Baking with Carolyn and Vanessa! Follow us on social media & support our show on Patreon! Visit http://linktr.ee/notanotherxfpod
info_outline 817. Empedocles 08/06/2020
817. Empedocles We're back with another fiery hot episode! This week Carolyn and Vanessa have all the info you didn't know you wanted, as per usual. They talk behind-the-scenes gems, 90's moments, guest stars, Greek history, and ship to their hearts' content! Aren't you glad you downloaded? Want more NAXFPP content? Check us out on Patreon at
info_outline 816. Three Words 07/23/2020
816. Three Words We've got 3 words for you: David is Back! (Big time!) While Mulder and Doggett may not be getting along very well, don’t worry, Carolyn and Vanessa have nothing but love. We discuss the return of Scully's idiots, Mulder's disgruntled-but-here-for-it attitude, and who has a stick up their butt. Find us all over the web & support our show at http://linktr.ee/notanotherxfpod
info_outline 815. Deadalive (With Livi) 07/07/2020
815. Deadalive (With Livi) We're dead serious about bringing you the laughs this week! Carolyn and Vanessa welcome a fellow Phile, Livi, on the 'cast this ep, and have a great time discussing shipping, Krybum, the adventures of "Skinny Dog" and so much more! Thank you for downloading and remember we "olive juice"! Find us all over the web at http://linktr.ee/notanotherxfpod
info_outline 814. This is Not Happening 06/25/2020
814. This is Not Happening But it IS happening, here on the podcast, where 90s moments abound, Carolyn tells us about how her hometown was the setting for this episode (and it's GREAT), and we go into a deep dive on Monica Reyes. That's really all you need to know - give it a listen! Find us online: www.linktr.ee/notanotherxfpod and support us on Patreon: www.patreon.com/notanotherxfpod
info_outline 813. Per Manum 06/11/2020
813. Per Manum This week's episode is a mother! Carolyn and Vanessa have a great time talking about parenthood, both human and alien...and human/alien hybrid...or something along those lines. Highlights include: gushing over amazing guest stars and the much anticipated and celebrated return of shipping Scullder (or is it Mully?). Find us on social media: www.twitter.com/notanotherxfpod www.instagram.com/notanotherxfpod and support us on Patreon www.patreon.com/notanotherxfpod
info_outline 812. Medusa 05/28/2020
812. Medusa Welcome to Boston! Carolyn and Vanessa are going on a Big Dig to join Doggett in the Boston Metro subway tunnels. Not only do we cover Boston accents and Scully’s callback to Fight the Future, but we also have a general bioluminescent glow about us as we do it! On your way out, don’t forget your doggy bag! Also, listen for the fan fiction we absolutely deserve. If you write it, we’ll read it. Find us online @notanotherxfpod
info_outline 811. The Gift 05/14/2020
811. The Gift Is it your birthday? Because Carolyn and Vanessa have a gift for you--NAXFPP, the gift that keeps on giving! This week's episode turned our stomachs, especially when talking about the barfy bits! Download now for the goods: the introduction of "Inspector Vanessa," the return of our "Chris Carter yells a lot" segment, and some random talk about the monster of the week's amazing set of abs. Thanks for listening! Find us on our social media! We'd love your follow! , , , . And to support our little show, please check us out on , where you can get some sweet perks for supporting us!
info_outline 810. Badlaa (Re-Release) 04/30/2020
810. Badlaa (Re-Release) Who doesn't love a little Halloween in April? We reached into our vault and pulled out a "blast from the past" - our coverage of season 8, episode 10, "Badlaa," which we covered for our bonus Halloween Spooktacular in 2017! Enjoy all the "butt stuff" again! Find us online @notanotherxfpod and our patreon at www.patreon.com/notanotherxfpod to help support our show!
info_outline 809. Salvage 04/16/2020
809. Salvage This week, our intrepid co-hosts Vanessa and Carolyn embark on a discussion about Gulf War Syndrome right from the get-go, then launch into the lack of Scully's involvement in this episode and other fun topics such as what Carolyn would do if she turned into metal. Then this episode about an X-Files episode with a typical ending ends with a typical NAXFPP ending! Does that make sense? No? Well, we tried. Find us online @notanotherxfpod
info_outline 808. Surekill (with Kelley Gammell of Wining About Herstory) 04/09/2020
808. Surekill (with Kelley Gammell of Wining About Herstory) Socially isolate with us, this episode is a surekill for boredom! Carolyn and Vanessa welcome Kelly from the podcast "Wining about Herstory" to give her two cents on this creepy episode and she sure kills it! (see what we did there?) Join us as we talk about how The X-Files brings people together, stalker pads, an underutilized special guest star, and the King of Rock n' Roll. Thank you for joining us!
info_outline 807. Via Negativa 03/25/2020
807. Via Negativa Wash your hands! Practice social distancing! Stay home if you're sick! Now that we've gotten those very important reminders out of the way, Carolyn and Vanessa are walking the "negative way" this week! We gush about our favourite characters showing up again, talk all about conspiracy theories and psychedelics (because who doesn't love that type of dinnertime conversation?), and are really glad that this Corona virus pandemic isn’t an alien black oil pandemic…Find us online @notanotherxfpod
info_outline 806. Redrum 03/12/2020
806. Redrum Welcome, or should we say "Emoclew" to our backward episode! This week Carolyn and Vanessa try to keep our podcast moving forward while the episode we review moves backwards in time! Don't worry, we keep everything moving the right way, well, most of the time! Stay tuned for the return of "Fun facts with Vanessa" and a few impromptu musical parodies that you will have stuck in your head! So sit back and enjoy while we do what we do!
info_outline 805. Invocation (with Kate of Pups n Pop Culture) 02/27/2020
805. Invocation (with Kate of Pups n Pop Culture) Vanessa and Carolyn are joined by Kate of the Pups n Pop Culture podcast! Kate is a longtime Phile and we can't believe she hasn't been a guest until now. You don't want to miss her Robert Patrick story, as well as the other fun topics we cover to try and keep this creepy episode light: Scully's quick switch from skeptic to believer, Doggett's interrogation tactics, how you can take blood samples from ghosts, and Fun True Crime Story Time with Carolyn! Find us online at notanotherxfpod
info_outline 804. Roadrunners 02/13/2020
804. Roadrunners Wile E. Coyote has nothing on our Roadrunners episode! This week Carolyn and Vanessa can't stop talking about a Banana Slug cult--just don't drink the koolaid! Also on the gooey, disgusting menu for this episode: Scully ditches, Doggett sass, parasites, and more cults. We'll worship you (within reason) if you follow us on our social media! Find us on , , , and . You can join OUR cult by signing up to be our patron! We promise there are no creepy banana slugs, just fun perks! Find it at
info_outline 803. Patience 01/30/2020
803. Patience It's the first episode without Mulder, and we're bummed about that, but we still try to make the most of it. Scully and Doggett are trying to figure out how they work together - and so are we. Amidst an X-File that didn't really entertain us that much, we talk about how Scully and Doggett's relationship is shaping up, whether or not Doggett is good looking (for some reason, we're not sure), and we talk a lot about bats! This episode sure is batty, so make sure to listen! Find us @notanotherxfpod
info_outline 802. Without 01/15/2020
802. Without Check out our new ep "without" limits! Ok, tbh, there may be a few limits to the amount of times we can handle the alien goo doing weird things. Carolyn and Vanessa are really excited to make a new year's resolution to bring you more X-Files love! This week we discuss new cast members, modern technological woes, our dream BFFs, finding shipping where there may or may not be any, and so much more. Download today and cozy up with beverage of your choosing for the first episode of 2020!
info_outline BONUS: Holiday Spectacular 2019 12/19/2019
BONUS: Holiday Spectacular 2019 We cannot believe 2019 is almost over! To ring in the new year and celebrate the holidays, we've recorded another holiday spectacular for your listening pleasure! Fan fic, poems, and carols galore - don't miss this one. Listen to the end for some throwbacks to original NAXFPP Holiday Spectacular carols! Find us all over the web at notanotherxfpod
info_outline 801. Within 12/05/2019
801. Within Search for the answers "within"... welcome to season 8, podcast listeners! Carolyn and Vanessa have a blast goofing on this face-pulling, kershstache lovin' episode. We've got alternate casting, C's embarrassing run-ins with X-Files actors, V's love for the Battlestar Galactica's soundtrack, and so much more! Climb aboard, this crazy season 8 train is about to leave the station! *toot* *toot*
info_outline 722. Requiem 11/22/2019
722. Requiem We’re going out of season 7, Viking-style! But don’t worry, we got your back - we go down memory lane to remember the season 7 mytharc, because who knows what's going on, ever, right? Of course, we talk extensively about Mulder & Scully’s 7-year bond, and, P.S. Scully’s pregnant! Find us all over the internet @notanotherxfpod
info_outline 721. Je Souhaite 11/07/2019
721. Je Souhaite Your wish is our command--as long as you wished for a new episode, that is! This week on an episode about wish-fulfillment, Carolyn and Vanessa waste all their wishes on shipping Mulder and Scully, nothing new there. Download now for some impromptu boat songs, genie folklore, gratuitous Vince Gilligan appreciation, and so much more! Thanks for your support, listeners like you make these podcasters' dreams come true! Check out that AV Club article Carolyn mentioned .
info_outline BONUS: Halloween Spooktacular 2019! (With Fake Geek Girls) 10/24/2019
BONUS: Halloween Spooktacular 2019! (With Fake Geek Girls) It's time for thrills and chills with Carolyn, Vanessa, and our special guests, Missy and Merri from Fake Geek Girls! You'll hear local spooky stories from Washington State and Edmonton, Alberta; plus some very spooky Around Vancouver with an X-Files flair. You don't want to miss Missy and Merri's personal spooky story that had Carolyn and Vanessa gasping with fright! Find us online @notanotherxfpod
info_outline 720. Fight Club 10/10/2019
720. Fight Club The first rule of NAXFPP Fight Club is always talk about Fight Club with your trusted hosts and guides, Carolyn and Vanessa! The second rule is don't ask too many questions... This week we cover that contentious episode that has us seeing double! Also discussed: the wild wild west of the early 2000's, cardboard cutouts, and luchadors--it was quite a ride! So snuggle up with your evil twin and download today! Find us online: search for notanotherxfpod
info_outline 719. Hollywood AD (With Katie of TFGIF Podcast) 09/26/2019
719. Hollywood AD (With Katie of TFGIF Podcast) We've popped our popcorn and are settling in for another X-Files episode! Carolyn and Vanessa are joined by Katie, co-host of TFGIF Podcast (which is one big 90s moment!). In this episode, Katie gets gossipy about Téa Leoni and David Duchovny's at-home rehearsals for this episode, and the girls throw shade at the episode's computer animation. Plus, they gush over Chuck and speculate what Mulder and Scully would do with Skinner's credit card for a night in LA.
info_outline 718. Brand X 09/12/2019
718. Brand X This episode is lit! We're talking about an episode that is very "on brand" for the X-Files - in season 3, that is. This episode-that-doesn't-seem-to-belong-in-season-7 covers all the most important topics (sarcasm?): Anti-smoking campaigns of the 90s, "smoky" production style, and the lack of Mulder and Scully bedside scenes. So, light up not a cigarette, but something less dangerous, maybe a candle?...and download this episode to feed your X-Files addiction! Find us on social media @notanotherxfpod
info_outline 717. All Things (With Darren Mooney) 08/30/2019
717. All Things (With Darren Mooney) Of ALL the THINGS you have to do today, make downloading this episode top of your list! This week Carolyn and Vanessa welcome back friend of the show, Darren Mooney from the m0vie blog, to talk about ALL THINGS Scully! Can we convert him from his Shipping-agnostic ways? Well, maybe not, but at least we will have a good time trying! Darren puts his thoughts on movies and tv shows out there for you to marvel at and enjoy! Check out his award-winning blog at
info_outline 716. Chimera 08/15/2019
716. Chimera This week, we're covering an episode that even made Carolyn scream once! Carolyn and Vanessa discuss housewifeyness, horrible science experiments to create chimera, and look at where chimera and ravens show up in mythology. (P.S. That voice you hear in the background is the original creator of the podcast, Taylor...We didn't know we'd have a guest, but he wanted to chime in so badly...) *** Find us on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and Instagram, and Patreon - just search notanotherxfpod
info_outline 715. En Ami 08/01/2019
715. En Ami Friend or Enemy? It's a definite X-File! Carolyn and Vanessa do a deep dive into this episode with its many twists, turns, and Scullys in a lake. Our daring podcast hosts wade through the misinformation in an episode filled with questions: What does CSM want? Will he stop at nothing to get it? Why do we have to keep watching men take advantage of our female protagonist? How do we keep shipping through it all? When will we get back to our segments that we forgot about? Thanks for joining us and remember, the truth is in here!
info_outline 714. Theef 07/19/2019
714. Theef What's the thread that runs through this episode? Well, you'll just have to listen to find out! Unsurprisingly, Vanessa and Carolyn manage to ship Mulder and Scully in an episode that seems to lack shipping (but has lots of people getting "voodooed"). They also discuss magic corpse dirt and share some background info about the episode. Who do voo doo? Well, not us...