#42 "I know Something You Don't"
Release Date: 06/30/2021
2 Years and still going, thanks to YOU, this podcast is sponsored by no one, but the courage and curiosity of our listeners, and their dedication to making manufacturing more mindful. Took on this episode solo for the first time, as we have some great guests lined up for year 3! This is a reflection of our time together on this podcast, and a look into what we need to think about in 2022, to think in new ways, to get different results. More notes to come soon!info_outline #52 Social Capital gains with Mindful Influence
In manufacturing we get to work on capital budgets for the next assembly line. In this episode we have a much more interesting conversation with Vivian Blade as she explains what is social capital, and why you should care! With a background in Lean Six Sigma, she just released her third book Influence in Talent Development, and we are excited to have her on the show as a sought-after leadership expert and thought leader, enjoy! Check out below the show notes to see how to connect with Vivian and learn more! 1:48 - In the news, is all about the great resignation and trying to...info_outline #51 The Economy and Perspective Taking
With guest Jim Ray! Mindfulness Manufacturing is grateful Jim got us up and running as a professional podcast production, he saved days of frustration and time. Check out more on how Jim can support here He is also a great small business consultant so why not have a conversation with him direct, email Jim to set up a time, [email protected] 1:33 - When you look at the economy you have inflation rising, issues with supply chain, it will take a long time to work its way out. 1:51 – People are getting a little nervous, I think that it is at the business level but...info_outline #50 Making the Great Resignation the Great Retention
Debbie Muno of Genos International brings her 25 years of assessment experience and shares her tips to retain team members, making average uncomfortable! 1:17 What can we do about the staff we have today? How do we engage them more? 2:26 The last couple of years have really been a steak in the ground to make life changing decisions. 2:53 What is important in their lives? and how the world of work fits into what is important in their lives. 3:01 Friends that are energized and engaged, has to do with their work and has to do with how they are treated in the workplace. ...info_outline #49. Staying out of Judgement Mode Michael Forhan Part 2
2:09 Walking in and being judgmental and pointing out all the stuff that is easy, like these guys that are perpetual list makers. 2:55 At Crossover we would not tell you what to do unless we are willing to do it ourselves. 3:32 We are always learning and don’t have all the answers but have enough to get started. 3:53 Holding people accountable is all part of the right outcome. 4:12 "How the heck did they get here?" "What’s so wrong that here’s where we’re at?" "Why did the emotion of a situation get so elevated?" 5:39 Make sure we protect the...info_outline #48 Thermostat or Thermometer?
Michael Forhan Part 1-turning down the heat in a crisisinfo_outline #47 Raw, Real, and Relevant
Raw, Real, and Relevant with Trevor & Dave 00:00 – Introduction 00:30 – Enjoy the moment and enjoy the new things; Dave Baker will be moving on 01:39 – 3 things known to be true 02:50 – Always be raw, real, and relevant and the rest will take care of itself 03:30 – Editing and Clean up – keeping it real 06:00 – Polished vs. Real 06:33 – Raw defined 07:14 – Real defined 08:56 – Relevant defined 09:50 – Overdoing it 13:28 – When...info_outline #46 Conversations with the mirror; Shades of okay
If you have not checked out episode 44, head back there when we first had Nikki Langman on as a guest. Grateful to have her back as we look at the stress in the manufacturing industry and how leaning into our core values, and checking in on ourselves, is a great start to build short term and long term resilience! Link here to her website where you can purchase her book direct! 1:17 What are the core values in the business, that we’re going to stick to no...info_outline #45 Mindfulness Employment: Throwing the Baby Out with the Bath Water
Mindful Employment: Throwing the Baby Out with the Bath Water with Trevor & Dave #45 ______________________________________________ 00:00 - Intro 00:28 – Mindfulness relative to the employment challenges today 02:07 – The “shortage 03:35 – We just need warm bodies 05:08 – The pressure on incumbents to feel valued 06:00 – Values and retaining your culture 06:41 – 6 X 12 workweek and its impact 08:18 – Are we driving our workforce away? 09:12 – Making mindful decisions as an employee and employer 10:56 – Intentionality 10:15 – “If you can label it, you can tame it”...info_outline #44 Your Key to Greater Self-Awareness
The Key to Greater Self-Awareness: The Wet Bathing Suit Question with guest Nikki Langman #44 00:00 - Intro 00:28 – Nikki Langman intro 00:51 – Emotional Intelligence and Safety in manufacturing 03:29 – Safety: the common denominator 03:57 – Safety is a ‘safe’ word – emotional intelligence not so much 05:03 – Taking ‘emotion’ out of the mix 06:02 – Psychological Safety training 07:48 – Results: 86% LTI(Lost Time Injury) reduction! 09:12 – Talking about trust, communication, accountability people make better choices 10:00 – Emotional Intelligence training can save...info_outline
- Hey, I have something to tell you, but don’t tell anyone!
- That makes me question whether I can trust you moving forward.
- Joe Johnson introduction
- Being Mindful of your Actions in what you Say and Do.
- Letting someone know of what’s to come.
- Why share it?
- Why now? What will be gained?
- What are the risks and burdens you put on others by sharing what you know?
- Transparency and truthfulness vs. letting the cat out of the bag.
- Who is it about? You OR them?
- Keeping those lips sealed
- When do you have the license to share information?
- That’s for those that need to know – and you’re not one of them. Kind? Perhaps more than you know.
- We lean in and want to be friends, but now it’s a burden to contain it within
- Respect for each other in honoring known information.
- Confiding in others can result in feeding the rumor mill.
- A serious risk in eroding trust
- Hey! Why don’t you tell me? Here’s why… and thanks for sparing me the angst.
- When we’re in the know, sometimes our Pride wants others to know we’re in the know.
- When you forget you’re operating with ‘confidential’ information you are compromising everything
- Leaders take the burden!
- What are the motivations for sharing?
- Mindfulness advice on when/what to share.
- What’s to be Gained vs. what’s the Risk.
- Considering the impact on trust
- Is there a back door to ‘your safe’?
- Check your Pride.
- Keeping front of mind and what’s important.
- Self-awareness: being empathetic, authentic, and just smile
- It’s a battle of the mind – is it really about “the people”?
- Mastered it or learned from it. A dose of humility.
- How do you build trust if you can’t share the message?