#42 "I know Something You Don't"
Release Date: 06/30/2021
In manufacturing we get to work on capital budgets for the next assembly line. In this episode we have a much more interesting conversation with Vivian Blade as she explains what is social capital, and why you should care! With a background in Lean Six Sigma, she just released her third book Influence in Talent Development, and we are excited to have her on the show as a sought-after leadership expert and thought leader, enjoy! Check out below the show notes to see how to connect with Vivian and learn more! 1:48 - In the news, is all about the great resignation and trying to...info_outline #51 The Economy and Perspective Taking
With guest Jim Ray! Mindfulness Manufacturing is grateful Jim got us up and running as a professional podcast production, he saved days of frustration and time. Check out more on how Jim can support here He is also a great small business consultant so why not have a conversation with him direct, email Jim to set up a time, [email protected] 1:33 - When you look at the economy you have inflation rising, issues with supply chain, it will take a long time to work its way out. 1:51 – People are getting a little nervous, I think that it is at the business level but...info_outline #50 Making the Great Resignation the Great Retention
Debbie Muno of Genos International brings her 25 years of assessment experience and shares her tips to retain team members, making average uncomfortable! 1:17 What can we do about the staff we have today? How do we engage them more? 2:26 The last couple of years have really been a steak in the ground to make life changing decisions. 2:53 What is important in their lives? and how the world of work fits into what is important in their lives. 3:01 Friends that are energized and engaged, has to do with their work and has to do with how they are treated in the workplace. ...info_outline #49. Staying out of Judgement Mode Michael Forhan Part 2
2:09 Walking in and being judgmental and pointing out all the stuff that is easy, like these guys that are perpetual list makers. 2:55 At Crossover we would not tell you what to do unless we are willing to do it ourselves. 3:32 We are always learning and don’t have all the answers but have enough to get started. 3:53 Holding people accountable is all part of the right outcome. 4:12 "How the heck did they get here?" "What’s so wrong that here’s where we’re at?" "Why did the emotion of a situation get so elevated?" 5:39 Make sure we protect the...info_outline #48 Thermostat or Thermometer?
Michael Forhan Part 1-turning down the heat in a crisisinfo_outline #47 Raw, Real, and Relevant
Raw, Real, and Relevant with Trevor & Dave 00:00 – Introduction 00:30 – Enjoy the moment and enjoy the new things; Dave Baker will be moving on 01:39 – 3 things known to be true 02:50 – Always be raw, real, and relevant and the rest will take care of itself 03:30 – Editing and Clean up – keeping it real 06:00 – Polished vs. Real 06:33 – Raw defined 07:14 – Real defined 08:56 – Relevant defined 09:50 – Overdoing it 13:28 – When...info_outline #46 Conversations with the mirror; Shades of okay
If you have not checked out episode 44, head back there when we first had Nikki Langman on as a guest. Grateful to have her back as we look at the stress in the manufacturing industry and how leaning into our core values, and checking in on ourselves, is a great start to build short term and long term resilience! Link here to her website where you can purchase her book direct! 1:17 What are the core values in the business, that we’re going to stick to no...info_outline #45 Mindfulness Employment: Throwing the Baby Out with the Bath Water
Mindful Employment: Throwing the Baby Out with the Bath Water with Trevor & Dave #45 ______________________________________________ 00:00 - Intro 00:28 – Mindfulness relative to the employment challenges today 02:07 – The “shortage 03:35 – We just need warm bodies 05:08 – The pressure on incumbents to feel valued 06:00 – Values and retaining your culture 06:41 – 6 X 12 workweek and its impact 08:18 – Are we driving our workforce away? 09:12 – Making mindful decisions as an employee and employer 10:56 – Intentionality 10:15 – “If you can label it, you can tame it”...info_outline #44 Your Key to Greater Self-Awareness
The Key to Greater Self-Awareness: The Wet Bathing Suit Question with guest Nikki Langman #44 00:00 - Intro 00:28 – Nikki Langman intro 00:51 – Emotional Intelligence and Safety in manufacturing 03:29 – Safety: the common denominator 03:57 – Safety is a ‘safe’ word – emotional intelligence not so much 05:03 – Taking ‘emotion’ out of the mix 06:02 – Psychological Safety training 07:48 – Results: 86% LTI(Lost Time Injury) reduction! 09:12 – Talking about trust, communication, accountability people make better choices 10:00 – Emotional Intelligence training can save...info_outline #43 Coaching: When You’re Sick & Tired of Being Sick & Tired
Show Notes: 00:00 - Intro 00:28 – If you’re going to coach others, you may want to look this guy up – Andrew Neitlich! 01:50 – Coaching: a term used rather flippantly 02:47 – What Coaching Is and what it’s Not 06:36 – When to Coach and when not to 08:02 – The most powerful technique to apply in real life 09:11 – The 1, 2, 3 Punch 11:00 – Accountability and powerful Coaching – an example 13:49 – Understanding and being mindful of what’s truly going on 14:43 – Ending a conversation with accountability with new actions 15:58 – “I don’t have time to Coach...info_outline
- Hey, I have something to tell you, but don’t tell anyone!
- That makes me question whether I can trust you moving forward.
- Joe Johnson introduction
- Being Mindful of your Actions in what you Say and Do.
- Letting someone know of what’s to come.
- Why share it?
- Why now? What will be gained?
- What are the risks and burdens you put on others by sharing what you know?
- Transparency and truthfulness vs. letting the cat out of the bag.
- Who is it about? You OR them?
- Keeping those lips sealed
- When do you have the license to share information?
- That’s for those that need to know – and you’re not one of them. Kind? Perhaps more than you know.
- We lean in and want to be friends, but now it’s a burden to contain it within
- Respect for each other in honoring known information.
- Confiding in others can result in feeding the rumor mill.
- A serious risk in eroding trust
- Hey! Why don’t you tell me? Here’s why… and thanks for sparing me the angst.
- When we’re in the know, sometimes our Pride wants others to know we’re in the know.
- When you forget you’re operating with ‘confidential’ information you are compromising everything
- Leaders take the burden!
- What are the motivations for sharing?
- Mindfulness advice on when/what to share.
- What’s to be Gained vs. what’s the Risk.
- Considering the impact on trust
- Is there a back door to ‘your safe’?
- Check your Pride.
- Keeping front of mind and what’s important.
- Self-awareness: being empathetic, authentic, and just smile
- It’s a battle of the mind – is it really about “the people”?
- Mastered it or learned from it. A dose of humility.
- How do you build trust if you can’t share the message?