Gratitude - Recovered 873
Release Date: 11/29/2017
Ultimately, when we are humble we are willing to seek and receive help, support, guidance and direction with our lives. The result is that we are not alone anymore.info_outline Willingness - Recovered 1155
Your life belongs to you, right? Sure it does, but look at where your actions got you. Your life became unmanageable because of your addiction. You need to be willing for a lot of things, especially accepting help.info_outline Integrity - Recovered 1152
Sobriety helps us reconnect with our true selves and become reacquainted with our inner light, our life’s mission, and our purpose.info_outline Courage - Recovered 1150
Any challenges life throws your way, you now know how it feels to look fear in the face and remember how capable you are of walking through it.info_outline Faith - Recovered 1148
In order to keep going and develop sobriety the individual needs to have faith that things are going to keep improving.info_outline Hope - Recovered 1146
Hope is the elevating feeling we experience when we see a path to a better futureinfo_outline Honesty - Recovered 1144
It is normal to struggle with owning up to dishonesty, but the key is to acknowledge when it occurs as soon as possible. If not, you could struggle with feelings of guilt and put your sobriety in jeopardy.info_outline Popsicle Sticks - Recovered 1142
Here in our virtual studio, we have a can full of popsicle sticks. Each stick has a recovery topic written on it. We will take turns, randomly picking a stick and then sharing on that topic that was chosen.info_outline Reaching Out - Recovered 1140
If you have a problem with alcohol or drugs, reaching out for help can be hard. You’ve probably tried several times to handle this by yourself, but the problem is just too big to tackle without help.info_outline Stateline 2009 Part 3 - Recovered 1141
Stateline Retreat in Primm, NV - December 11th 2009info_outline
Our generous Recovered Podcast Community allows us to be self supporting and not rely on outside contributions. If you would like to join us, there are two ways.
- Episode Sponsorship We will recognize you by first name only at the top, mid, and end of the episode. Any amount will qualify.
- Premium Membership This is the single most effective way to support the show. Watch the video in its entirety and learn how to become Premium
Call Us Now http://recoveredcast.com/speakpipe
When people are grateful for what they have, they will experience a great deal of happiness in their life. When the individual is constantly complaining, it will be impossible for them to find peace of mind.
Gratitude is not about what people have or do not have. There are billionaires who still do not feel satisfied and poor people who feel they have everything they need.
The tendency to feel grateful is a mental attitude that can be developed. It is particularly important that people recovering from an addiction try to cultivate this positive outlook, because it can help to ensure their success in the future.
Where would you like to start
What are you most grateful for?
1. Let’s talk about people in our lives, Who do you appreciate?
2. Let’s talk about how lucky and blessed we are, How are you fortunate?
What difficulties are you grateful for
How do you become grateful
How do you become ungrateful?
3. What material possessions are you thankful for?
4. What abilities do you have that you’re grateful for?
5. What about your surroundings (home/neighborhood/city/etc.) what are you thankful for?
6. What experiences have you had that make you grateful?
7. What happened today/yesterday/this week/this month/this year that you are grateful for?
8. What opportunities are you thankful for?
9. What have others in your life that you are thankful for?
11. What relationships are you thankful for?
12. What are you taking for granted that, if you stop to think about it, you are grateful for?
13. What is there about the challenges/difficulties you have experienced (or am currently experiencing) that you can be thankful for? (e.g., What have I learned? How have I grown?)
14. What is different today than it was a year ago that you are thankful for?
15. What insights have I gained that I am grateful for?
Alex - gratitude
Mike from FLA