189 Kelly Claes & Dr. Tim Brown: Shaping Future Generations Through Movement & Sports
Release Date: 04/13/2018
Which holistic health practices can help you heal the mind and overcome any of the four most common addictions?info_outline 355 Josh Macin: How To Detox Yourself From A Toxic World
Do you feel sluggish, anxious, unmotivated, tired, or weak all the time? Discover the mental and emotional process of detoxification.info_outline 354 Keith Norris: Bread, Circuses, & Mind Control
Are the government lockdowns, CDC guidelines, and face masks about health or is somebody trying to control you?info_outline 353 Dr. Ben Lynch: Dirty Genes & COVID-19
Do you have symptoms of Dirty Genes?info_outline 352 Autumn Smith: How To Heal Your Brain With Food
What simple dietary changes can create positive health results for your body's unique needs?info_outline 351 David Sandoval: The Hidden Epidemic of Glyphosate & Obesity
How much do you actually know about glyphosate?info_outline 350 Greg Anderson | Health Freedom: A Brave Police Officer's Truth On COVID-19
What constitutional rights have been taken away from you during the COVID19 lockdown?info_outline 349 Ronnie Landis | Rethinking Veganism: The 10 Year Journey Back Home
Is the vegan diet really healthy for everyone?info_outline 348 Dr. William Li | Eat to Beat Disease: The New Science of How Your Body Can Heal Itself
Will the choices you make at your next meal help your body's ability to fight off disease? Or will they weaken it?info_outline 347 Patrick Haize | Practical Spirituality: The 3 Energy Bodies
How do the three energy bodies: astral, etheric, and physical shape and color the fabric of life?info_outline
In Wellness Force Radio episode 189, Professional Beach Volleyball Player and motivational speaker, Kelly Claes along with IntelliSkin Inventor, Dr. Tim Brown share what it means to be fearlessly authentic despite what other people believe, the keystone habits that young athletes can put into practice, and how we can help shape future generations through optimal mindset, movement, and sports.
Find out why skill and talent both pale in comparison to heart, attitude, and ambition when it comes to movement ad sports.
20% OFF ORGANIFI - USE CODE: WELLNESSFORCE
"It's okay to be different or weird and I want everybody to go out there and feel comfortable about being themselves. I want people to pursue things that they want to do and not be wavered by others' opinions or what anybody says." - @kellyclaes3 http://bit.ly/wfpodcast
Join The Surf Movement Masterclass
Only 2 weeks left to join Dr. Tim Brown and Wellness Force Radio host, Josh Trent, at the 2-day Surf Movement Masterclass at Hurley Headquarters in Costa Mesa, CA on April 28-29.
Head over to wellnessforce.com/Hurley for more information.
The Surf Movement Masterclass is an opportunity for the Surf Healthcare Community to spend two days with experts who treat and train surfers on the WSL Tour and USA Surfing.
They have assembled a dream team panel to discuss the Mind, Body, and Movement of the Surf Athlete. Their MasterClass Faculty will teach movement based restoration through observation, examination, treatment, training, recovery and athlete education.
Join the 2-day Surf Movement MasterClass this April to see, hear, work and play with their MasterClass Faculty.
Listen To Episode 189 As Kelly Claes Uncovers:
- How she became involved in volleyball and what she loves about it.
- How she was able to get in contact with Dr. Tim Brown and his own involvement in volleyball.
- Why height isn't a determining factor for success in volleyball; it's about heart and attitude.
- The example she's putting out for the world of volleyball right now.
- Differences between indoor and outdoor volleyball and why she chose outdoor volleyball.
- What it was like to grow up in an environment heavily focused on athletics.
- What fascinates her about wellness as a pro athlete.
- What posture issues she was experiencing before she started using Intelliskin and met Tim.
- The various injuries and forms of pain she has experienced and still feels.
- How she sets up her mindset whenever she experiences an injury.
- Why she's so vocal about her love of video games.
- What it means to be fearlessly authentic despite what other people believe.
- The example she's setting for teenagers, young adults, and future generations.
- How she remains true and centered in her beliefs around social media.
- What sports can teach us about life and how it drives us to improve and refine our character.
- How taking a breath and singing a song in her head helps calm her down and get rid of the negative voices in her mind.
- Her strong Christian faith and how that impacts how she sees life.
- How she gets over bad habits and picks up on new skills.
- How parents can instill this passion in sports and athletics in their children's interests.
- How she uses gaming as a way to recover, decompress, and recharge.
Power Quotes From The Show
"I fell in love with outdoor beach volleyball because it's just you and one other person on the court. The chemistry that goes into a partnership is so important. It's so vital to know that other person both on and off the court." - @kellyclaes3 http://bit.ly/wfpodcast
"Any type of a rotational athlete that's unilateral - a pitcher, quarterback, or volleyball player, there are inherent dangers to only playing with one side of your body. Whether right handed or left handed, we use one side of the body differently than the other. So, I encourage all my athletes to be ambidextrous and use both sides of their body because the body will become more balanced that way." - Dr. Tim Brown
"My love of video games is what makes me 'me' and I think everybody's interests are different and whatever you love, you speak more passionately about, you do better at it, and those are the things that you should advocate for and do. Don't try to be anybody else. If you see somebody else being successful in a field, but it's not your passion, then don't try to copy them just because they're doing it. Do what you love." - Kelly Claes
"It's just a matter of taking the imbalances that volleyball creates and that life has created in Kelly and testing her body through movement methods that allow me to understand what's been overused and overstretched versus what's been underused and undertoned. In the areas that are underused and undertoned, I create length and circulation to allow Kelly and others like her to move towards that symmetry that we never, ever reach." - Dr. Tim Brown
"Being fearlessly authentic means becoming comfortable with yourself. It is recognizing that you are unique and your path is unique. Most people don't want to walk down the same path that others have walked before so they choose to be bold and take a different approach to things and that's what we need to celebrate with future generations. That's what's going to help us grow as a community." - Dr. Tim Brown
"It didn't really click with me until I was a Junior at the university that there were a lot more factors to wellness. I would wear the Intelliskin a lot to study and to get my posture in check, but I didn't really think about food as a huge factor or how sleep and recovery can greatly affect your performance. There are so many little nuances to wellness and I began to integrate that focus into my life." - Kelly Claes
Links From Today's Show
- Kelly Claes
- Dr. Tim Brown
- IntelliSkin & Wellness Force Partnership
- USC Women's Beach Volleyball - Kelly Claes
- Team USA - Kelly Claes
- SANDCAST No. 3: It’s finally (finally) video-game season for Kelly Claes
- Sara Hughes & Kelly Claes: Set to Become The Next Superstars of Beach Volleyball
- Stand Up Tall: IntelliSkin Posture Apparel Put to the Test
- Why Intelliskin?
- Take the IntelliSkin Posture Test With Dr. Tim Brown
- Sports Chiropractor of the Year (Dr. Tim Brown – 1998)
- Dr. Tim Brown: 5 Tibetan Rights
- WFR 117 - The Future of Wellness Technology
- WFR 137 Dr. Tim Brown
- WFR 166 Craig Cooper
About Kelly Claes
About Dr. Tim Brown
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Send Josh Trent a personal message
- Tweet me on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what's up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
- Sign up to get an email alert whenever we release a new episode
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact Wellness Force Radio for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
Rate & Review Wellness Force
---> REVIEW THE PODCAST
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
---> Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the air.
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal: Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
- Join the Wellness Force Newsletter: www.wellnessforce.com/news
- Don't miss next week's show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show on Ketosis? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That's what I call love!
Write to me and let me know what you'd like to have to get more wellness in your life.