TLTP 022 - Socially Awkward
Release Date: 04/24/2018
Send your Likes this way... it's time for The Last Tuesday Project!
It's time for our annual mental health episode! Shaun is this month's Dimbleby, but Alex and Hayley veto his first question on Johann Hari. This leaves everyone with the question of how social media affects our mental health. We find some interesting (and not-so-interesting) research in journals which can't have existed 10 years ago, talk about apps which might help with managing your social media usage, and muse on our own usage of social media.
TRIGGER WARNING: We talk about mental health issues in this episode, including anxiety and depression.
- ‘I’ve been grey for two weeks.’ Inside the movement trying to beat smartphone addiction Wired.co.uk https://www.wired.co.uk/article/how-to-beat-smartphone-addiction-greyscale
- Why social media is so attractive to 'vulnerable' narcissists Wired.co.uk https://www.wired.co.uk/article/is-social-media-for-narcissists
- Space (application to monitor phone usage) http://youjustneedspace.com/
- QualityTime http://www.qualitytimeapp.com/
- Face Slim (cut-down unofficial Facebook app for Android) https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.indywidualni.fblite/
Do you like what we do and want to show your support? Well, you can now give us a helping hand via Patreon! Just go to https://www.patreon.com/LastTuesdayProject. If every listener gave us a dollar a month, we will be able to furnish Tuesday Tower with all sorts of hipster paraphernalia, as well as get Shaun a Hipstermatic 3000 beard trimmer for his birthday. Please donate - he's in dire need of a trim.
With huge thanks, as usual, to Strong4Life for the use of his music.