"Cybersecurity: What The C-Suite Needs To Know" with Mike Foster of the Foster Institute (USA)
Release Date: 04/03/2019
"Companies need to identify the third parties they work with because if they lose data, YOUR company's going to be facing the problem even though you weren't the one that lost the data'.
GBD52. Expert certified 'ethical hacker' and top-rated tech speaker Mike Foster of the Foster Institute took time off from planning conference keynotes to talk to us during a skiing break in Montana. He tells Kyle Hannan (AICPA & CIMA, UK) about the ICT journey that has taken him from the C64s of yesterday to the CTOs of tomorrow. There are some foundational and practical steps to boost organisational protection against increasingly universal vulnerabilities.
- best practices and strategies.
- 2-factor authentication.
- security 'DMZ's for 3rd-party assurance.
- GDPR and data privacy.
- the importance of software updates and OS upgrades
- how to toughen defences.
- we also break down some of the commonly-used examples of top level jargon like 'bad actors', DMZs, 2FA, system-hardening, 'bloatware', CCPA and 'principle of least privilege'.
Mike Foster, founder of the Mike Foster Institute (USA) is a Certified Ethical Hacker, Certified Information Systems Auditor, and Certified Information Systems Security Professional. He's delivered more than 1,500 presentations and training sessions around the world and has consulted at hundreds of companies in North America. Connect with him at https://www.linkedin.com/in/themikefoster/
- Visiting the Chicago area this Spring? Join us on the ground or online for the AICPA & CIMA "CFO Conference" in Chicago this April 24-26th 2019.
- Want to check if your email address has ever been compromised in a data breach? Use the free website have I been powned.
- For visitors inside the US, visit Foster Institute.(this won't display for web visitors from outside the USA). For those in the rest of the world, see his LinkedIn page.
- Find related CPD/CPE resources at the AICPA Store and the CGMA Store.
MORE ABOUT OUR PODCAST.
These conversations with our expert guests are recorded by different members of the AICPA & CIMA team from our offices around the world. While the sound quality may vary, the insights will always be consistently useful.
Hear more. Get our shows every week automatically and free. Share them easily with colleagues and friends by using the icons on your app or media player.
©2018 Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA & CIMA). All rights reserved.