Ep 22 - Joe Kirgues, Co-Founder gener8tor, Onramp Insurance Conference
Release Date: 05/03/2019
“So many discussions across industries are the same discussions, with just a different wrapper.” - Joe Kirgues
(click to tweet)
Conferences have a routine.
You wake up at the hotel, meet for coffee downstairs, network amongst each other on the conference floor, attend a few keynotes,, go out to dinner, and then repeat the motions the next day.
But what happens when you put a conference inside a sports stadium? And only make it one day?
The answer is in today’s episode of FNO: InsureTech—where we are joined by Joe Kirgues, co-founder of the Milwaukee-based gener8tor program—a startup accelerator with other prongs to its business, one of which is the OnRamp Conference series. The OnRamp Insurance Conference brings together the insurance industry’s leading corporations, investors and startups. The conference highlights innovations disrupting the insurance industry, the leaders making such innovations possible and how new technologies and business models will reinvent the industry.
Tune in to this episode to hear Joe’s insights about the insuretech space!
(click to tweet)
The FNO: Tips
- For social good, create the infrastructure to facilitate the outcome instead of just relying on traditional donation models
- Corporate venture capital is the informal allocation of funds to startup-type missions
- The hockey stick growth curve of insuretechs has reached a plateau/saturation point
- Artificial intelligence-based companies rise to the top of demand at conferences
- Infuse your personality into your company
Fourseventy Claim Management