How To Eat An Elephant
Release Date: 06/25/2018
I want to share with you a couple of things and I’ll give you an update on my goals for those you don't know I'm going to reach for them - I have posted them this time, these are my goals.info_outline Make it a Dare2Dream Day
I say make today a Dare2Dream Day. Not just this day, but every day. I have a couple of things I just want to pop in and share with you.info_outline Making Wishes Come True
It is a season of wishes and making wishes come true. And that is exactly what I hope to be able to do for you, I call My People, My Tribe, those who are out there daring to dream each and every day.info_outline How to Achieve Your Goals
I am glad that I am here, and I just figured I'd pop in to say hello, and drop a little bit of what I've been thinking about and what was happening. So, I was just looking at my own goals for this year.info_outline Interview with “The Breakout Expert”, Yalonda Haywood
Today’s episode is an interview with Yalonda Haywood, “The Breakout Expert”.info_outline Dream Job Roadmap
I am so glad an overjoyed that we are able to connect. I believe nothing happens by accident and it is my prayer that we will stay connected for a very long time and get better acquainted.info_outline Interview with Grief Coach, Heather D. Horton
Today’s episode is an interview with Heather D Horton of H- Squared Group LLC a certified Grief coach.info_outline 10 Secret Actions that will lead you to a Six-Figure Altitude part 2 of 2
Scripture: “We can Make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps.” Proverbs 16:9info_outline 10 Secret Actions that will lead you to a Six-Figure Altitude part 1 of 2
What can help you to get motivated?info_outline STAY HUNGRY - ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING
Here are six things I have found help me to stay on track:info_outline
Welcome is the Dare to Dream Podcast with Rev. Lisa Ealy, where we focus on helping spiritually minded professional women get unstuck to manifest their dream job and get unstuck to live the life they have been called to.
“Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.” And God granted his request.” 1 Chron 4:10
“May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.” Psalm 20:4
“Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans. “Proverbs 16:3
Shall we pray – Heavenly Father, you are the one and only true and living God, and we know you have our plans in your hand and they have been established since the foundation of the earth, we pray for direction, guidance, and wisdom, we pray for enlarged territories, and we pray that nothing with hurt or harm us. We commit our plan to you as we not go forward to see what the end will be. Amen.
How do you eat an elephant? I know it’s a crazy thought, eating an entire elephant. It is no different than the big goals we have identified for ourselves. If you are anything like me I made bigger than life goals for 2018. Some of which were so big I would literally have to work day and night to accomplish. But, I knew that when I made them a goal during my visioning for 2018. What I also, know to be true is that I have never seen the righteous forsaken or His seed begging bread (Psalm 37:25b) Yes, maybe you have heard you can only Eat an Elephant One Bite at a time. When you are when dealing with a large task, goal, or project it is one bite, one step at a time.
These last few weeks I have really been struggling with being overwhelmed with all that needs to get done, we are planning for guest visiting us, I have two new team members I am onboarding, and to top it off my A/C in my car is in need of repair. And living the DMV in June it is super-HOT.
My Elephant is my coaching business Dare2Dream (actually, my dream job!) are all the things in need to be doing now versus later, thee ideas that I need to get on paper and the other ideas I need the help of my team to accomplish. It’s fun but all very hard work.
Here are few suggestions to get you on track with eating your elephant and not feeling overwhelmed:
- The first thing to do is reflect on your relationship to the elephant. Is it YOUR elephant, i.e. is it YOUR goal? Is it YOUR dream? Are you working on what you think you “should” be doing, or setting a goal to make others happy? If it’s not your elephant, decide how much power you want to give it. What do you have a choice about? Can you decide to release attachment to the goal, knowing you have bigger fish – or elephants – to fry?
- So, let’s make and assumption you have decided that the elephant is one of your choosing; You have decided to out your goals first (put on your air bag so to speak) you’ve named it Dream Job, Book or Blog, Vlog, Side Hustle or Relationship or New Career or Cleaning Out and Decluttering, Getting a New Mindset. How will you feel once you have it… stop and close your eyes for a moment? And really think about HOW YOUR WILL FEEL.
- Try renaming the elephant to reflect what you want to experience. Focus on your intention. Using this guidance, my Dream Job (elephant) might sound like this: I feel empowered and confident as I share my unique voice with the world. I am making a difference in the lives of the women I work with, I am leaving the world a better place, I am transforming lives. I am helping others to reach the place God is calling them too.
- Does this help? By focusing on what I You/I want to feel, You/I are opening up to possibility that it will happen. My elephant might evolve, and if I’m too focused on a specific make and model, appearing at a specific time, I might miss an even better outcome.
Some other tips for keeping the elephant in perspective:
- Be Authentic: Keep showing up you and only the “real to you” with authentic intentions and goals, the more likely you are to be committed and take action.
- One Bite at a Time: When you feel overwhelmed, it helps to remember to take your commitments and actions and break them into bite size pieces, or fun size goals. Remind yourself that you have choices about what you say “yes” and “no” to, and when and how you move forward. Let your yeses be yes and noes be no.
- Celebrate Your Wins: Each time you reach a milestone, celebrate it! Treat yourself in a way that feels appropriate. Acknowledge your progress and channel that positive energy into taking the next bite.
- Enlist Helpers: Get a coach who will help you stay on track and who will support you. Keep connected to people who inspire, encourage and challenge you. Hire me as your Dare2Dream coach to help you.
- Eliminate Negative People: Stay away from negative influence, news media, television, from our circle of influence, and especially dream killers, and snatchers.
- Trust the Process: By focusing on the experience you want to have and making choices based on your intention, you can trust that you are moving towards your goal, even if things look differently than you anticipated.
“Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
Before we close I have a few activities you can do on your own to make this podcast “How to Eat an Elephant” stick.
Follow Up Activities:
- The download the - Free Elephant Worksheet.
- Name your Elephant The biggest Goal the one that really scares you. (yea I know your even scared to think about it, but do it anyway – write it down)
- Craft your plan of action
- Get Busy, eating your elephant.
- Revisit your goal daily or weekly so you can focus and stay on track, next week send me a note about your progress.
Before I go today, Do THREE Things for Me:
- Subscribe to this Podcast
- Give me a 5 Start Rating
- Share it with your friends, family, sorority sisters and anyone who needs this content.
I would also love, love to hear from you! If you would like to share your own Dare2Dream story, or if you have any topics you would like to hear addressed on the Dare2Dream podcast, please feel free to reach out on Instagram or Facebook
Until next time ~ Making Dream Happen!! I’m your host Rev. Lisa Ealy, whatever you do keep daring to dream.
- Link to the Free Elephant Worksheet: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H48vIgKIpulYrbd9ui88Qwa9QEY2LU7M
- Work with Me: https://bit.ly/2rIJ462
- Join the Women Manifesting Your Dream Job Facebook Group: https://bit.ly/2sO4n6D