256: Regina Huber: Exploring Our Distinctive Potential As Women
Release Date: 06/26/2019
Regina Huber is the founder and CEO of Transform Your Performance. She is a Multicultural Transformational Leadership Coach and Consultant for Inclusive Diversity with extensive corporate and entrepreneurial experience and a deep passion for Diverse Leadership, Co-Creation and Dance. She is a global inspirational speaker and author of Speak up, Stand out and Shine and the white paper "Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives Thrive with Maximum Leadership Support."
Regina helps companies leverage their diverse talent and transform their diversity and inclusion strategy using her own signature methodology. She speaks 5 languages and has 18 years of international corporate experience, including management positions at The Boston Consulting Group. She has owned businesses in Argentina, Brazil, and the U.S. and has worked with clients on several continents. She holds a Global Advisor role at several Africa and U.S. based projects supporting female advancement and emerging leaders and received the Humanitarian Award by Global Goodwill Ambassadors.
In today’s conversation, Regina shares her own story of self-growth and overcoming obstacles to be able to speak up, stand out and shine, including how she overcame extreme shyness as a child growing up in a small village, and how she endured a painful experience with a former business partner that lead to her having to start from scratch in a new country. In fact, Regina has reinvented herself several times and describes the benefits and lessons she has learned that guide her today in helping women transform their lives.
We also explore diversity and inclusion and Regina provides insight into her mission to help more women reach the top of organizations and what you can do to further your career and, as a leader, make the most of your team’s potential.
- Stepping into an empowering mindset requires more than just our conscious mind.
- 5% of our behaviors are driven by our conscious mind whereas 95% is driven by our subconscious mind.
- The function of our past is to transform it into wisdom.
- Diverse teams are potentially more innovative, providing there is a basis of trust.
- When we are fully aware of our distinct strengths we are less threatened by others’ strengths because we are all uniquely great.
- As a woman, when you address a man about being an ally for you, consider what is in it for him.
- We need to bust the belief that there are only so many seats at the table.
- Women need to stop competing with each other and begin to find more opportunities to endorse each other.
- Co-creation goes beyond collaboration, in that we are not just working together, we are bringing our best ideas and talent to the table and creating something much bigger and better.
- Most men talk about their potential and get paid for it, while most women talk about their past and get paid for that.
Resources and Free Gifts
- Book your complimentary 30-minute consultation with Regina Huber: https://calendly.com/regina-6/30min
- Free video series: transformyourperformance.com/pltvideos
- Book Speak up, Stand out and Shine: amazon.com/Speak-Stand-out-Shine-Powerfully/dp/0988921227
Connect With Regina Huber