261: Donnie Boivin: How Podcasting Can Save Your Business
Release Date: 07/15/2019
Donnie Boivin has over two decades of experience in sales and is host of the Success Champions Podcast, which is ranked top 200 in the business category on iTunes. At the age of 40, he discovered he had been living other people’s dreams and not chasing his own. Taking the biggest risk in his life, he jumped out and started a business. Although he had great success at the start, he quickly understood he knew nothing about being a business owner. Through learning from the mistakes and being at the brink of failure, he gained the experience, perseverance and attitude required to succeed.
In today’s conversation, Donnie shares his entrepreneurial journey, how podcasting saved his business and why he is so passionate about helping others succeed in business. We engage in an-depth look at sales, what it is and what it’s not, the wonderful world of podcasting, and how to turn your dreams into reality by giving your business a voice to the world.
- Sales is simply a conversation that happens to have an outcome, and you have to be okay either way that outcome goes
- There is no close in a sales call. The only person who can handle the close is the prospect themselves.
- Transactions do not create companies. They simply create short-term revenue.
- I don’t have to like you to do business but I do need to trust you. Friendship becomes the result of having that trusting conversation.
- Be yourself and let your guard down. As soon as you lose authenticity on a sales call, you lose any trust you could possibly have.
- Launching your business will be the greatest tool to discover who you are and what you’re made of.
- If your business currently doesn’t have a voice, you are playing the game wrong.
Free Gifts & Resources
- 5 Free Tools To Launch Your Podcast: Text your email address to 817-318-6030
- The Jackass Journal and other free downloads: https://donnieboivin.com/free-stuff/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SuccessChampion
Connect With Donnie Boivin