247: Tony Carlston: Building A Clothing Brand That Fuels Positivity
Release Date: 04/24/2019
How can you inspire people to have the best day of their life…every day?
Tony Carlston, born and raised in the pacific northwest, is an entrepreneur who founded Cutco Closing Gifts which has done over $100M in sales, founded Branding Tools Inc. which is an engraving company that employs 50 people in Vancouver, WA, and is the owner and CEO of Best Day of My Life Inc.
Tony loves to travel and live a big life. His interests include parenting his eight children, exotic cars and motorcycles, real estate, philanthropy, helping entrepreneurs solve the weak points in their businesses, and spending time with his friends and family.
When he began selling knives as housewarming gifts, Tony learned that a purchase could be more than just a gift – the knife-sets he sold were symbolic of an accomplishment, an achievement, a goal. So years later when his buddy began selling t-shirts on which he had printed "Best Day of My Life," Tony realized they had the opportunity to grow a business that would more than just apparel. After four years, Tony bought the company, and now, Best Day of My Life promotes living for the moment, optimism, and good will.
Best Day of My Life truly practices what it preaches by spreading positivity, encouraging employees to have fun every day, and donating 10% of all proceeds to the Front Row Foundation.
In today’s conversation Tony retraces his entrepreneurial journey, and what lead to the discovery of the Best Day of My Life opportunity. He explains how he is able to manage multiple successful businesses and still have plenty of time for his family, hobbies and interests. You don’t need to work 24/7 to make it as an entrepreneur. Tony offers an expanded perspective on the entrepreneurial time system – one that includes quality mentorship, philanthropy and lifestyle.
- It’s really hard to have a bad day when you’re wearing a shirt that says, “Best Day Of My Life”.
- In North America we’ve lost perspective – we don’t complain about having our cake and eating it too, we complain about how thick the icing is.
- You don’t have to be extraordinarily happy or wealthy to have the best day of your life.
- The one great equalizer that the richest person and the poorest person have in common is time. Everyone gets the same 24 hours in a day.
- We get paid for the value we bring to the marketplace not the time we invest.
- The equation of trading time and money is not an equation you’re going to win long term.
- As an entrepreneur, you shouldn’t be behind on things all the time. If you’re behind, you need to hire people, and you need to learn the art of delegation.
- The quality of our life is very much a reflection of the quality of questions we ask ourselves and others.
Receive 25% Off Best Day Apparel
https://www.bestdayofmylife.com – Enter code “LOT” for 25% off
Connect With Tony Carlston